Your daily briefing for podcast and on-demand
- Feb 26: Podcrushed and Threedom have been signed by Lemonada Media. Both shows were with SiriusXM’s Earwolf; one of the co-hosts of Threedom, Scott Aukerman, launched Earwolf in 2010. Other Earwolf shows have left the network in the past year, to Sony, AdvertiseCast, and Lemonada.
- Feb 23: v2.2 of the guidelines add a requirement for companies to be clear whether they use a fixed or rolling 24-hour window for measurement; a requirement to update “safe” IP address lists such as those for known large corporations or universities; clarification that an ad can only be considered to be “delivered” if the overall episode download was valid; and a requirement for “practices to be put in place to account for mass market technology changes in measurement reports” (possibly the result of Apple’s changes in iOS 17).
- Feb 21: The Independent Podcast Awards are to return later this year, organisers have announced. The awards will take place in London on Oct 23. Entries open in the next few months. (You can hear last year’s winner in the Podnews Weekly Review).
- Feb 19: From down under to the Big Apple, BIPOC-led, women-owned podcast agency The Peers Project has raised investment to launch into the US market. The company will open offices in New York later this month.
- Feb 16: The iOS 17 changes to Apple Podcasts have meant podcast ads are more effective, new data from Podscribe has revealed. As part of Podscribe’s performance benchmarks, we learn that ads have driven a higher amount of visitors and conversions since Apple Podcasts changed how auto-downloads work.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter