Hosting platforms · Listening apps · Production studios
Address: Av. de la Via Augusta, 15-25, 08174 Sant Cugat del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain
The leading podcast platform in Spanish
- Jul 20: Spanish-language podcast platform iVoox has released an annual report into the state of podcasting in Spanish. Podnews has an English translation; the Spanish version is on the iVoox website. A third of all Spanish podcasters started their show in the last year; over a quarter of shows include video; and almost 20% are earning revenue from their podcasts.
- Jun 29: A study by the Observatorio Nebrija del Español at Nebrija University in Madrid examined 263 original podcasts published last year by Amazon Music, Audible, Cuonda, iVoox, Podimo, Podium Podcast, Sonora and Spotify. The study discovered that 68% of original podcasts from these companies were only available with a paid subscription. Sonora led Spanish podcast production in 2022, with 84 original podcasts.
- Jun 2: iVoox has launched monetisation using dynamic advertising for its Spanish-language podcasters. Creators who publish their show on iVoox will earn revenue from the ads inserted in their episodes.
- Apr 13: Spanish-language podcast platform iVoox has launched a new iOS app, offering "a totally renewed design following current trends, improvements in usability, new features to make it more accessible, as well as a new dark theme for better visibility."
- Mar 2: Spanish-language podcast platform iVoox launched Sónar, an initiative to help emerging and independent creators. Every quarter, four podcasts will be heavily promoted throughout iVoox.
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter