Owned by: Qarlbo
- Goldhawk Productions
- Listen Entertainment Ltd - ('Listen')
- Nouvelles Écoutes
- Suomen Podcastmedia
- May 31: Listen, a major podcast producer based in London, has been acquired by PodX Group. No terms were given; the deal is described as a "milestone" acquisition for PodX, and is the largest deal in the UK podcast industry since Sony bought production company Somethin' Else in 2021.
- May 5: Staffan Rosell, the CEO of PodX Group, is interviewed in this week's Podcast Business Journal. Their plans are not to turn podcasts into TV: "We say to all the companies that we meet that it’s audio first, it’s podcast first. If you’re successful and you have something fantastic that someone wants to make television or film out of, that’s great, but that’s a bonus. Podcast companies think that everything will become television and film. That will be, I think, the exception rather than the rule." Subscribe free here for the full interview.
- Apr 28: In the Podnews Weekly Review this week, an interview with Staffan Rosell from the PodX Group, and Ami Thakkar talks about The Podcast Academy. And, the good folks at Headliner have made it look amazing on YouTube.
- Mar 23: Earlier this month, PodX Group acquired Finland’s largest podcast company, Suomen Podcastmedia. It's the latest acquisition by the company; no terms were given.
- Feb 16: PodX Group has acquired a majority stake in Filt, a Swedish independent podcast company with more than a million weekly listeners. It's the fourth acquisition for the company.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter