Ad sales and monetisation
This company is no longer trading under this name
Owned by: SXM Media
- Oct 13: Jon Cohen is celebrating ten years in podcasting with a special feature from Indiana University. After working for companies like PodcastOne, Wondery and Midroll, he's a Partnership Executive at Spotify.
- Jul 25: Grace Carrick has been made Head of U.S. Business Development for Signal Hill Insights. She has worked for Midroll Media and Westwood One.
- Jan 12: Exclusive: Paul Riismandel has joined Signal Hill Insights as the company's Chief Insights Officer. One of the first researchers in podcasting advertising, Riismandel had worked with Midroll Media (acquired by SiriusXM/Pandora) since 2014, working on hundreds of ad effectiveness studies. He's written a blog post for his new employer, highlighting the benefit of third-party research.
- May 11, 2021: Stitcher's Midroll adsales has merged with Pandora and SiriusXM's sales teams. The new group is called SXM Media, and claims it has a reach of 150m listeners, which it calls "the largest digital audio advertising platform in North America".
- Feb 18, 2021: EW Scripps previously sold Stitcher to SiriusXM for $325m in July 2020. Stitcher and Midroll cost Scripps $54.5m in 2016.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter