Google LLC is an American multinational technology company focusing on artificial intelligence, online advertising, search engine technology, cloud computing, computer software, quantum computing, e-commerce, and consumer electronics. It has been referred to as "the most powerful company in the world" and as one of the world's most valuable brands due to its market dominance, data collection, and technological advantages in the field of artificial intelligence. Alongside Amazon, Apple Inc., Meta Platforms, and Microsoft, Google's parent company Alphabet Inc. is one of the five Big Tech companies. Wikipedia
Owned by: Alphabet
- Sep 15: At least three people are suggesting that Google Podcasts has automatically subscribed them to the Impaulsive podcast.
- Aug 23: YouTube will fully support ingestion of RSS feeds for podcasts by the end of the year, it was announced at Podcast Movement by the Product Lead Podcasting at Google, Steve McLendon, speaking to Ausha's Jennifer Han. He also made the first public acknowledgement of the ongoing beta testing that we reported on in May. (It ingests RSS audio feeds and turns them into YouTube-hosted video, like CNN One Thing which we understand is using it.)
- Aug 22: Part of the Airwave podcast network: On This Day in History, in 1962 French President Charles de Gaulle was shot - but survived the assassination; in 1851 the first America's Cup was held; and in 2018, Podnews was made available in Google Assistant's daily news briefing. Expect stories like that, except possibly not the Podnews one, in this short daily show from The HISTORY Channel.
- Aug 14: Bad news: YouTube's Kai Chuk is no longer answering questions at Podcast Movement (Wed, 2.30pm, Aurora C). Good news: his place will be taken by the Product Lead Podcasting at Google, Steve McLendon. A former co-founder of 60dB, he's been involved in the launch of podcasts on YouTube, but also looks after Google Podcasts - so knows a thing or two about the whole space. We hope to be there (if we can squeeze in) - the session's sponsored by Ausha.
- Jul 18: Data: new research about podcasting in Taiwan has been released. 24.5% of the population (18-60) listen every month; YouTube, Spotify, Apple and Google are the top 4 platforms, with local apps KKBox and SoundOn next in the list.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia