Podtrac publishes top new podcasts of 2022
Podcast host Ausha has achieved IAB certification. The company was already following the ACPM guidelines, one of the two French podcast audience measurement organisations. Ausha’s press release includes an infographic explaining what an IAB download is.
- We’ve updated our list of podcast hosting companies.
Data: Spotify’s Anchor continues to lose market share: it was down to 21.6% of all new podcast episodes in November. However, Spotify’s overall market share remains the same after Megaphone posted the biggest share increase in the top 15 podcast hosts.
- In other data, Podtrac remains the largest prefix tracking service, having signed iHeart’s Spreaker. Spotify’s Chartable and Podsights are #2. Amazon still runs podcasting: Cloudfront delivered 49.4% of all episodes in November (including ours).
- Our data shows Anchor is still gaining podcasters, though: 136 podcasters moved to Anchor last month, and the hosting company gained 75 overall. Megaphone gained 78 new shows in our sample.
Podchaser has launched Podchaser Alerts, which allow users to track podcast episodes for their target keyphrase and receive daily alerts of new mentions. Your first alert is free.
YouTube has launched a podcast. Like & Describe, YouTube’s first-ever official trends podcast, is of course available on YouTube itself, but also on all podcast platforms. It’s hosted by Captivate.
After 240,000 votes, the Swedish Golden Podcast Awards has announced its winners for 2022. Podcast of the Year went to war history podcast Krigshistoriepodden; best international podcast of the year, with 15.4% of the vote, was Crime Junkie. There were more than 10,000 nominations.
iHeart’s podcast payments to Senator Ted Cruz break Senate ethics rules, claims the nonpartisan Campaign Legal Center. He could go to prison if that’s true.
Bloomberg reports that SiriusXM is to cut staff, after impact from a slow-down in new car sales. NPR is avoiding layoffs after a revenue fall, according to a report from the company, but has implemented a near-freeze on hiring.
In Australia, the subject of The Teacher’s Pet podcast, Chris Dawson was sentenced to 24 years in prison for murdering his wife Lynette. The 74 year-old will be eligible for parole in 2040.
Will Arnett is hosting a World Cup live chat on Amazon’s Amp. There’s a podcast version exclusive to Amazon Music.
Moves and hires
Tips and tricks - with Blinkist: powerful ideas in fifteen minutes
- Descript has redesigned and relaunched its blog: here, from it, is How to use background music in your podcast
Podcast News - with Campaign Legal Center
Enter The Webbys. Stand out on a global stage.Paid content
Since 1996, The Webby Awards has been recognized as the preeminent international honor for Internet excellence. Last year’s Webby Awards received over 13,500 entries from around the world.
By participating in The Webbys, you place your work on the same stage as boundary-pushing talent, like past Webby Winners Crooked Media, Spotify, VOX, The Daily, Pivot, California Love and Stitcher to name a few.
To ensure winners reflect the very best of the Internet, we added several new categories this year, including new Podcasts honors for Best Partnership or Collaboration, Experimental & Innovation, and Best Video Series plus Technology and Scripted Fiction in Individual Episode. For the first time, The Webby Awards will recognize the company with the most wins, nominations, and honored entries across categories as Podcast Company of the Year.
Learn more, and enter the 27th Annual Webby Awards by our Final Entry Deadline of December 16th, 2022
Podcast data for Dec 2
- #1 in Apple Podcasts: US: Rachel Maddow Presents: Ultra (Rachel Maddow, MSNBC) GB: Where There's A Will, There's A Wake (Somethin' Else / Sony Music Entertainment)
- #1 in Spotify: US: The Joe Rogan Experience (Joe Rogan) GB: Rob Beckett and Josh Widdicombe's Parenting Hell (Spotify Studios/Keep It Light Media)
Pod Events - with Podcast Movement Evolutions
Latest Pod Jobs