Apple Podcasts adds analytics for premium subscriptions
Apple launched enhanced analytics for paid subscriptions; until now, creators had to download spreadsheet data directly. Apple Podcasts also announced more Delegated Delivery partners to allow you to upload premium content directly to Apple Podcasts: Podbean is the first of those to go live today.Apple Apple Podcasts
Apple Podcasts also added integration with Linkfire, a new podcast linking service. The service is used by creators to promote all the places you can get your podcast; creators who use Linkfire will get access to Apple Podcasts analytics within their Linkfire dashboard. This is the first time Apple Podcasts analytics have been available on a third party service.Apple Apple Podcasts
- Dan Misener from Bumper told Podnews: “While downloads may signal intent, they aren’t a direct measure of playback or listening. I haven’t tested Linkfire for Podcasts yet, but I’m keen to try it with Bumper’s clients. I’m especially excited by the promise of getting beyond downloads to understand podcast marketing’s impact on verified consumption and true audience growth.”
The Hollywood Reporter has announced the 40 most powerful people in podcasting. The industry publication talks to many of them about their hopes, plans and pet peeves, and their pre-show rituals and dream guests.
Advertising agencies and brand marketers are more interested in podcast advertising than ever, according to new data highlighted by Westwood One. Spending intention has grown 6x since 2015. Nearly 60% of agencies and advertisers currently advertise in podcasts, a nearly 4x increase since the first IAB podcast upfront in 2015.IAB
The launch of the Pod FAST TV platform was announced at Podcast Movement, getting podcasts and vodcasts onto connected TVs. It will power PodcastOne TV, launching later this summer.Podcast Movement
Confirmation of PodcastOne’s NASDAQ listing on Aug 28, and commencement of trading on Sep 8. PodcastOne shares are expected to open trading at $8 per share.
In London, Broccoli Productions has announced the BUILD Grant, an incubation programme which will provide a grant of £1,000 ($1,250) each to five selected applicants looking to grow their podcasting careers.Broccoli Productions
In Germany, Spiegel and Standard have renewed their partnership to produce the podcast Inside Austria.
Remote recording tool Riverside has enhanced its editor in its latest release. This year, it’s been upgraded to allow text-based editing, intros and outros, magic clips, silence removal and other features.Riverside
Troy Farkas, a former producer for The Ringer and ESPN, has published his first book. Surrender: A Guide to Living Your Best Life in Your Twenties includes his own experiences and lessons learned from his time navigating the early stages of his career at both companies.The Ringer ESPN
Moves and hires
- Stacey Goers has been hired as Senior Manager of Product for Apple Podcasts. She started last week and will be relocating to Cupertino in Q4, after she takes some time for maternity leave.Apple Apple Podcasts
- Jon Gibs, a former Spotify data scientist, has joined Veritonic as a strategic advisor.Spotify Veritonic
Tips and tricks - with Pod Predictor by Coleman Insights
- Apple’s analytics for premium subscriptions are a useful addition to all the other podcast statistics out there. We deep-dive into the other sources of data for you to understand how your show is doing.
- Castos give tips on how to get your listeners to take actionCastos
Podcast News - with Airwave
Podcast promotion in the wild
Podcast data for Aug 22
#1 in Apple Podcasts
Dear Alana, (Tenderfoot TV & iHeartPodcasts)
How to Talk to People (The Atlantic)
#1 in Spotify
The Joe Rogan Experience (Joe Rogan)
Political Prude: The Podcast (Zodapop by ZYRUP Media)
Over the last week, 191,035 podcasts published at least one new episode (up 0.3%). source