Alitu launches a podcast host
Podcast production tool Alitu is now also a podcast host. Hosting is free for the first 1,000 downloads a month.
Octave, a joint venture between Bauer Media and News UK, has launched podcast ad sales for over 1,000 shows and 100 million impressions.
Almost three-quarters of podcast listeners in Poland in 2022 used YouTube to listen. Spotify was used by two in 10 respondents.
Fun fact: in the US since Sep 22, Joe Rogan has only been #1 in Spotify for three days. Rogan’s deal with Spotify expires at the end of 2023.
Three shows have joined Patreon to offer listeners exclusive content - Reasonably Shady featuring two of the stars from Real Housewives of Potomac, Gizelle Bryant and Robyn Dixon; Hawk vs Wolf, with radio personality Jason Ellis and professional skateboarder Tony Hawk; and Girls Next Level, with Holly Madison and Bridget Marquardt, the stars of the E! network’s iconic reality show The Girls Next Door.
AdLarge will be kicking off the “Future is Female” track at Advertising Week next Monday.
Moves and hires
- Sarah McVeigh is joining Schwartz Media as head of its audio division. She joins from Gimlet and the ABC in Australia.
- Millie Webber has been appointed as Head of Digital for Spirit Studios in Brighton. It’s the latest in a set of hires for the company.
Podcast News - with Lemonada Media
Podcast ads in the wild
Podcast data for Oct 11
- #1 in Apple Podcasts: US: Rachel Maddow Presents: Ultra (Rachel Maddow, MSNBC) SG: The Prince (The Economist)
- #1 in Spotify: US: Kim Kardashian's The System: The Case of Kevin Keith (Spotify Studios) SG: The Prince (The Economist)
- In the last week there were 0 updated shows; 0 new episodes Data: Podcast Index
Latest Pod Jobs