- Nov 6: Apple Podcasts' PR person, Zach Kahn, is being promoted to PR for Apple Vision Pro. He was the first PR person for Apple Podcasts, joining from Vox Media in Jan 2020. We understand Apple Podcasts will gain a new PR representative next month.
- Aug 16: Today, Explained will be aired nightly on 90.5 WESA in Pittsburgh PA. The show, made by Vox Media, has been slowly appearing on public radio across the US.
- Jul 18: Vox Media is focusing on paid podcast subscriptions, says Ray Chao in an interview in Digiday. He highlights an issue with Apple Podcasts subscriptions, which doesn't allow the company to send subscribers their exclusive email newsletters.
- Jul 11: Where Should We Begin? with Esther Perel returns today with Vox Media, as the show turns to 'always-on'. The show joined Vox Media earlier in the year, after being a Spotify exclusive with Gimlet since 2019. It's being produced by Magnificent Noise.
- Jun 7: Lillian Xu is joining Vox Media as the Executive Director of the audio business. She joins from New York Public Radio. We're also told she plays pickleball, which we fondly imagined was a game played with actual pickles, probably in a bar at the end of a long night. It turns out not to be.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter