- Feb 1: Development of podcast app Podverse is “overwhelming”, says its founder Mitch Downey. Suffering from burnout after too many unpaid 10-hour days, he’s calling for an increase in open source contributors.
- Jan 8: Modern podcast app Podverse is so popular, some scammers have worked out how to get free access to the premium version and are selling it to unsuspecting users.
- Nov 27, 2023: Good news: While Acast says it's coming soon, Google has already enabled OPML exports from Google Podcasts, so you can take your subscriptions out of the app and switch to a new podcast app. AntennaPod, Pocket Casts, Podverse's mobile app, or Fountain are among those that support OPML imports. Bad news: it's only currently available in the rather geeky Google Takeout service.
- Aug 7, 2023: Our Editor wanted to try a music show to understand how it all works. Here's the show - listen on Podverse, Fountain or Podfans to support the artists.
- Jul 31, 2023: For the first time, money from listeners is shared directly with the music artists: listen on a compatible podcast player, like Podverse, Fountain or Podfans, and money is sent from your balance directly to the artist as you listen. Using Value4Value, the amounts are up to you; and you can "boost" songs to give more to the artists you like.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter