Owned by: Global Media & Entertainment Limited
- Dec 5: What’s the future for IAB Podcast Measurement? In November 2022, we reported that the IAB’s v2.0 certification would no longer be valid after Dec 31 2023. As of today, some of podcasting’s largest names are still only compliant to v2.0, and all will lose their claim to certification by the end of the year unless recertified: Adswizz, Buzzsprout, Captivate, Chartable, “EmpireStreaming” (now Soundstack), Libsyn, PodBean, Podtrac, Simplecast, and “Anchor” (now Spotify Creator Studio).
- Nov 29: Captivate has added support for chapters in podcast episodes. The implementation supports the Podcasting 2.0 JSON chapters specification, allowing listeners to see the latest chapter detail without redownloading the audio.
- Oct 5: The PodPros Actively Established Podcast Report has been updated for October. It reports more active shows. Captivate is the new #1 ranked podcast host.
- Sep 25: Podcast hosting company Captivate has launched Captivate for Publishers - a way to sell premium podcast subscriptions. The tool can interface with existing subscriber systems, and offers enhanced network-focused analytics.
- Jul 6: Naughty step, part 1: Podcast hosting company Podbean is misleading Google users searching for its competitor, Captivate. A search for "Captivate FM" returns (in third place when we looked) a paid result from Podbean impersonating the company, against Google Ads policy and US trademark law. Podbean didn't respond to Podnews's enquiries this week; the misleading ads are still running.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter