This company is no longer trading under this name
Anchor is now branded as 'Spotify for Podcasters'
Owned by: Spotify
- Sep 11: Clubhouse is evolving to being a messaging app, rather than a live chat app. The new app lets you leave voice notes to one another, a little like Anchor in 2016, perhaps?
- Aug 2: The number of episodes published (on open RSS) by Spotify for Podcasters, formerly Anchor, dipped to a new low last month says Livewire; but it still hosts one out of every five new episodes; and Spotify's Megaphone also posted another record high. The biggest increases were seen by Omny Studio and its owner Triton Digital.
- Jul 3: Spotify for Podcasters, formerly Anchor, saw a big drop in share of new podcast episodes in June, according to Livewire. Omny Studio overtook Libsyn to gain the #4 slot. For tracking services, Podtrac increased its lead over Spotify's various tracking tools.
- Jun 19: Anchor "shut down my podcast and never paid me", claims a redittor, who says they're owed $700.
- Jun 7: 14,000 podcasters have had their Anchor usernames, emails and passwords posted on a Russian-language black-hat hacking website. (Change those passwords!)
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter