Data: true crime hits it out of the park
Wonder why so many big companies are still pitching true crime shows? Because true crime is most likely to be a hit podcast, says Edison Research, comparing “the batting average” of more than 20,000 shows in different genres. News, comedy, science and history also have a better-than-average chance of hitting a home run, says the data.Edison Research 🇺🇸
In Los Angeles CA, USA, Entropy Media has been launched by Hollywood executive Anjay Nagpal, working with talent from Gimlet, Serial Productions, VICE, and Wondery. We’ve the video trailer for their first release, Brokers, Bagmen, and Moles.
Podcast hosting company Libsyn’s publishing and content management platform is now available in Spanish.Libsyn 🇺🇸
Podcast hosting company Ausha has been ranked in the top 100 companies in France as a great place to work; and #12 in those with fewer than fifty employees. (Here are the company’s core values).
The New Zealand Radio Awards has released the nominations for the 2023 ceremony. RNZ has the most nominations, 12, in the podcasts/features/documentary categories. Overall, eight nominations went to Today FM, a station that was suddenly closed last week by its owners.
Moves and hires
- People news at branded podcast agency JAR Audio: Mandy Elkoreh has been promoted to Director of Delivery. Jessica Wills is now Manager, Podcast Delivery. Chris O’Keeffe has been made Creative Director, and Rich Morgan has been promoted to Managing Director. The company has also announced JAR Fridays - “rotating Fridays all summer long where employees will be freed up to dedicate their time to individual creative pursuits or community volunteering”.
- Thomas Barry is the new CFO of SiriusXM. He’s been with the company since 2009. He replaces Sean Sullivan, who leaves on Apr 28.SiriusXM 🇺🇸
Tips and tricks
- What are the best ways to boost your confidence and creativity as a podcaster?
Podcast data for Apr 6
- #1 in Apple Podcasts: US: Real Life Real Crime (Drop Biscuit Studios) NZ: The Trial (Stuff)
- #1 in Spotify: US: The Joe Rogan Experience (Joe Rogan) NZ: THE MORNING SHIFT (YOUKNOW MEDIA)
- Over the last week, 224,628 podcasts published at least one new episode. See more podcast data at the Podcast Business Journal.
Latest Pod Jobs