Australian Podcast Awards Winners
May 7, 2018
Radiodays Europe's Podcast Day have announced new speakers. The event is on 12 June in Copenhagen, Denmark. Use the code PODNEWS for a discount of over 15%.
The rise of native advertising bodes well for the podcasting industry, says Kurt Laufer. "We must do a better job to further educate digital buyers on the value and responsiveness of podcast advertising." Also on advertising, techworld posts Why podcast advertising is about to become so lucrative - citing Apple's Podcast Analytics and Nielsen's research.
Amazon announced their new "In-Skill purchasing" system, to allow skills authors to make revenue with smart speakers.
Without a great start, you're finished… — According to NPR: "A mediocre episode with a good intro will almost always perform better than a great episode with a poor intro." Get the perfect intro for your podcast from Mike Cooper Voiceover
Radiodays Europe Podcast Day — The meeting point for the world of podcasting, in Copenhagen Denmark on 12 June. Speakers from across the world. Use code WSPOD4 for a discount of over 15%.
Photography website FStoppers covers a photography podcast, On Capturing Stories. "I began On Capturing Stories as an experiment to learn the steps of putting together a podcast while reconnecting with interesting people I've met".
- Comedy: Childproof - Bad Producer Productions
- Documentary Style: Trace - ABC Radio
- Storytelling: Am I Funny - Leon Sjogren
- Lifestyle & Health: Ladies, we need to talk - ABC Radio
- Branded Podcast: Hello, Bump - Mamamia Podcast Network
- Arts & Entertainment: Across the Aisle
- Sport: By Association - James Parkinson
- Technology & Science: The Next Billion Seconds - PodcastOne
- Host of the Year: Book Who's Talking
- News & Current Affairs: The Little Red Podcast
- Business & Marketing: The Small Business, Big Marketing Show
- Family & Kids: The Beanies - Kinderling Kids Radio
- Popular Vote: The Weekly Planet
- Career & Industry: Pomegranate Health - Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- Newcomer of the Year: Dating Upside Down
Blake Emal writes "Podcasting 101: How to Start Right, Build Fast, and Succeed Perpetually"
<< Pocket Casts acquired