Audiobooks pitted against movies: which are more emotionally engaging?
September 7, 2018
What is Shortwave, a rumoured new audio app from Google (Aug 13)? We still don't know for sure. But today, we know what it looked like a while ago - a product based on short pieces of snackable audio content.
Research: which is more emotionally engaging: audiobooks, or films? Audible Deutschland share a study from University College London (the video's in English, with German subtitles available).
Turner Podcast Network shows, including brands like CNN, Cartoon Network, and Bleacher Report, are now available on Spotify.
Audio Editing Made Easy! — Make great-sounding productions without tweaking every fade for an hour ... Get your 90-day Hindenburg Journalist PRO trial and special Podnews discount today!
Optimize Your Show with a Podcast Audit — Make sure your podcast sounds great and reaches your target audience with a Podcast Audit from The Podcast Consultant. Learn more at AuditMyPodcast.com. Use code "podnews" to save $50.
Get Early Access to Podchaser Creator Profiles — Hosts, Producers, Editors, and all podcast Creators, sign up for early access to your Podchaser Creator profile, and TeePublic will send you a free t-shirt and sticker branded with your podcast art!
PRX have also announced their Q3 2018 preview.
Podbean was recognised with the first Latin Podcast “Global Diversity” Award.
Jovem Pan, the largest commercial radio network in Brazil, has selected Triton Digital and Omny Studio for podcast distribution and monetisation.
Andy Mills, credited as the co-creator of The Daily and Caliphate, is interviewed about how he got started in podcasting.
Where can you go to discover new podcasts? Erik Jones has a great big list.
- Allan Tépper writes about the benefits of owning your own RSS feed.
- New, strategic types of programming can pave the way for a new generation to adopt podcasting, and condition current non-listeners to adopt podcasting, says Rob Sanchez in The Word From Mouth.
IAB Podcast Upfront announcements
- At the IAB Podcast Upfront event in New York yesterday, "downloads were just the beginning. Here come the distribution deals, live events, and albums."
- Westwood One launched The Empow(h)er Podcast Network, debuting with nine podcast series, to inspire the medium’s rapidly growing female audience.
- NPR announced three new investigative and history podcasts: the first, Believed, comes in late October.
- Midroll announced a number of partnerships including a widened deal with Oprah Winfrey, and the general release of Wolverine: The Long Night.
- Wondery is teaming up with Ellen Degeneres to launch Ellen To Go, built around highlights from her daytime talkshow.
- WNYC Studios announced a partnership with authors John Green and Hank Green to "to remaster and relaunch two of their current podcasts, and co-produce a new one focused on science".
- Inside The Album is a new podcast from Atlantic Records. It takes a look at how the greatest albums were made, unveiling the process of Atlantic Records’ current roster and legendary catalog. (ART19)
- Jonathan Ross, a UK radio and TV star, has launched a new movie podcast, called I Like Films (Radio Wolfgang / AudioBoom)
- Future State features renowned national security expert and NYT best-selling author Richard Clarke, provides incomparable access to America’s sharpest political decision-makers and insiders. Launches Monday. (ART19)
- As the Australian school holidays get ready to kick off, the ABC has launched a set of new kids podcasts, as well as reminding parents of the existing 100+ episodes.
- The Interning 101 Podcast is based on Interning 101 book by Emily White. It promises "interviews with former interns, executives who hire interns, and other entertainment professionals whose wisdom and experience will provide insight into the interning experience". (Jabberjaw Media / Megaphone)
- Shattered: White Boy Rick is a new eight-episode season of an original true-crime series featuring the youngest ever FBI informant turned drug dealer. (Graham Media Group / Panoply / Megaphone)
- Welcome to Geekdom celebrates 100 episodes with a special episode (Fireside)
- Sports Podcast Producer - NBA (The Ringer, Los Angeles CA, USA)
- Sports Podcast Producer - NHL (The Ringer, Los Angeles CA, USA)
- Storytelling specialist (NPR, Washington DC, USA)
- Growth Marketing Manager (Stitcher, New York NY, USA)
- Senior Marketing Analyst (Stitcher, New York NY, USA)
- Jobs are free with Podnews. email@example.com
October 6: The Women in Podcasting Festival, Chicago IL, USA
September 29: The 4th annual SMG Podcast Marathon, Chicago IL, USA: "13 hours long featuring original content consisting of 20+ podcasts performed live"
For all the links, more stories, and to subscribe to our free daily newsletter, visit podnews.net
<< Manipulated: the Top Charts on Apple Podcasts are broken