The Ambies 2023 - the winners
The winners of the Ambies Awards were announced at The International Theater in Las Vegas, hosted by Larry Wilmore. The awards for excellence in audio, the winner of the podcast of the year went to Chameleon: Wild Boys.
- You can watch the show in full here
- Our list of the winners includes the hosting companies. The best hosting companies brag about their winners on socials and in their newsletters <- hint
Zencastr has launched a podcast monetisation network. The platform “empowers podcasters of any size to generate revenue from their content, regardless of where they host and distribute their content”.
Podtrac has released its US rankers for February. iHeartPodcasts is #1 for podcasts; Wondery is the top sales network; and The Daily is the top podcast. The ranker measures participating podcasts only.
In Sydney, Mamamia shared their three principles for success in podcasting in an agency breakfast.
Adalyst Media, a network of podcasts with predominantly female and mom audiences, has added two new shows to its roster.
The new beta version of the PodcastGuru app has increased-the-possible-max-playback-speed-to-4x-for-some-reason.
Tips and tricks - with Phantom Producer
- Using the right category can help your podcast succeed. But: which to use? James Burtt writes about how to choose, and how the right category might help your show.
- Jennay Horn links to The Best Podcast Marketing Tools for Your Podcast
Go listen to some award winners!
Podcast data for Mar 8
- #1 in Apple Podcasts: US: The Coldest Case In Laramie (Serial Productions & The New York Times) AU: The Coldest Case In Laramie (Serial Productions & The New York Times)
- #1 in Spotify: US: The Joe Rogan Experience (Joe Rogan) AU: Just For Girls (Izzy Armitage & Sam Guggenheimer)
- Over the last week:
221,397 podcasts published at least one new episode.
That’s down 0.1% weekly; up 2.2% monthly.Data: Podcast Index
Latest Pod Jobs