Two new AI tools for podcasters launch
Buzzsprout and Ausha have both launched AI tools to help podcasters when publishing new shows. Buzzsprout’s tool automatically builds episode titles, descriptions, chapter markers and transcripts; while Ausha has added ChatGPT to help produce social media posts. Both services are available to all customers, joining other services like Capsho.Buzzsprout 🇺🇸
- Kirmes, a branded audio company, has released a list of AI tools available for podcasting.
Spotify is the #1 podcast network in the US for audience reach, according to Edison Podcast Metrics. SiriusXM is second, and iHeart is #3 for podcasts.Spotify 🇸🇪
At The Podcast Show, Pod Save the UK host Nish Kumar discussed the concept of impartiality in news coverage: in the UK, broadcast media is required by law to be impartial. “It’s a noble aim, but social media has changed perceptions,” he said, adding that audiences are tired of impartial phrasing being used to sanitise, or even minimise, some peoples’ actions.
- Over 10,000 attendees from 40 countries attended The Podcast Show 2023 in London, according to organisers.
- Spotify 🇸🇪
At APM Studios, 73% of the network’s hosts are people of color, which is up from 37% just one year ago. In today’s Podcast Business Journal, Tom De Napoli, the VP of Revenue Strategy at APM Studios, tells us about the company’s set of principles for working with brands, and its focus on diverse voices. Subscribe, free, to our weekly newsletter covering the business of podcasting and join 8,000 others.
The Black Pod Awards are open for entries; prices go up on June 1. The global awards are open to shows that are hosted, or majority hosted, by Black people.
Audiochuck, the podcast publisher created by Ashley Flowers, now has 40 full-time employees, Podnews has been told. The company has also hit 2 billion all-time downloads.
Tips and tricks - with Podnews Live - where podcasting connects
- YouTuber and podcaster Tom Buck talks to Buzzsprout’s Alban Brooke about making his podcast his main 9-5 job.Buzzsprout 🇺🇸
Shameless podcast promotion in the wild
We’re not sure who these two were, or what the podcast is - but this was quite the way to get some attention! We hope they were snapped up.
Podcast data for May 26
- #1 in Apple Podcasts: US: Wiser Than Me with Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Lemonada Media) SG: Global News Podcast (BBC World Service)
- #1 in Spotify: US: The Joe Rogan Experience (Joe Rogan) SG: RachReflects : Collective reflections on learning and living (Rachel Lim)
- Over the last week, 205,845 podcasts published at least one new episode. See more podcast data at the Podcast Business Journal.
Latest Pod Jobs