What's Your Excuse?
A comedy podcast all about excuses and why we use them, why other people have used them, and what these excuses have gotten people out of. Megan and Caitlin meet in the studio with roommates, her cat, and sometimes a guest, to talk about the crazy, creative, and usually really dumb excuses people use to get out of things. They also frequently discuss the ongoing adventures of their lives and what excuses they have used in their every day to get out of going to parties, leaving dinners early, and running a mile in gym class. (… well that one is old.) This isn’t an attempt to get people to stop using their excuses and be accountable, this is praise for the originality some people have when they come up with them.
This podcast may use tracking and attribution and dynamic content insertion
Stats: Statistics are produced by Megaphone and Podtrac to help What's Your Excuse? to understand how many downloads it is getting, or how many people are listening. Your device’s IP address and user agent is used to help calculate this figure. Megaphone and Podtrac are IAB v2 certified.
Tracking and attribution: Megaphone or its partners may connect the fact you listened to this podcast to an action elsewhere on the internet. For example - it may spot a device that downloaded an episode of What's Your Excuse? later visited the website of an advertiser; or it may track that a device that listened to What's Your Excuse? also listened to a different show. This form of attribution is used to measure advertising effectiveness.
Dynamic content insertion: Megaphone may use limited data that they know about you - the device you’re using, the approximate location you’re in, or other data that can be derived from this, like the current weather forecast for your area - to change parts of the audio. What's Your Excuse? may do this for advertising or for other forms of content, like news stories.
What's Your Excuse? is able to use the above tools since its podcast host or measurement company offers this service. It doesn’t mean that this individual podcast uses them, or has access to this functionality. We use open data.
Keep up to date with Podnews
Information for podcasters
- Before Apr 2022, this podcast was hosted on Spreaker.
- Before Jul 2021, this podcast was hosted on Transistor.
- This podcast doesn’t have a trailer. Apple Podcasts has a specific episode type for a trailer, which also gets used by Spotify and many other podcast apps: but there isn’t one correctly marked in the RSS feed from Megaphone.
- Podcast episode titles seem to include episode numbers, which is against Apple Podcasts guidelines and makes it harder to listen to your podcast on smart speakers. Here is what Apple wants to do, and why.
- This podcast appears to be missing from Amazon Music and iVoox. We list all the podcast directories to be in.
- Get Apple, Google and Spotify badges to link to this podcast, get a magic link for social media, or a QR code.
- Link direct to an episode
- Validate this podcast’s RSS feed at CastFeedValidator
- Learn more about our podcast pages
Privacy: In common with all podcast players, pressing "play" on the inbuilt player above will download the audio directly from the podcast host. That will share some data (like your IP address or details of your device) with them.
Affiliate links: This page links to Apple Podcasts. We may receive a commission for purchases made via those links.
Cache: This page was produced on June 24 at 05:48:39 UTC. Refresh this page