Dead Ideas: The History of Extinct Thoughts and Practices
We explore ideas and practices once believed to be true but no longer. Each dead idea is explored in all its glorious eccentricity.
For example, discover miasma, the theory that plague comes from stinky air; or the medical diagnosis of hysteria, which holds that women’s wombs wander around their bodies causing trouble.
Join us on a fun romp through the history of ideas that didn’t quite stand the test of time.
Keep up to date with Podnews
Information for podcasters
- This podcast doesn’t have a trailer. Apple Podcasts has a specific episode type for a trailer, which also gets used by Spotify and many other podcast apps: but there isn’t one correctly marked in the RSS feed from the host.
- The name of this podcast could be keyword-stuffed. It may get kicked from Apple Podcasts.
- The author of this podcast seems very long, and may be keyword-stuffed. It may get kicked from Apple Podcasts.
- This podcast appears to be missing from Spotify, iVoox, and iHeartRadio. We list all the podcast directories to be in.
- Get Apple, Google and Spotify badges to link to this podcast, get a magic link for social media, or a QR code.
- Link direct to an episode
- Validate this podcast’s RSS feed at CastFeedValidator
- Learn more about our podcast pages
Privacy: In common with all podcast players, pressing "play" on the inbuilt player above will download the audio directly from the podcast host. That will share some data (like your IP address or details of your device) with them.
Affiliate links: This page links to Apple Podcasts. We may receive a commission for purchases made via those links.
Cache: This page was produced on June 24 at 04:07:08 UTC. Refresh this page