Conversations and Ideas around Growth
This podcast may use dynamic content insertion and uses a unique domain
Stats: Statistics are produced by Spotify for Podcasters to help Risking Failure to understand how many downloads it is getting, or how many people are listening. Your device’s IP address and user agent is used to help calculate this figure. Spotify for Podcasters is IAB v2 certified.
Dynamic content insertion: Spotify for Podcasters may use limited data that they know about you - the device you’re using, the approximate location you’re in, or other data that can be derived from this, like the current weather forecast for your area - to change parts of the audio. Risking Failure may do this for advertising or for other forms of content, like news stories.
Risking Failure is able to use the above tools since its podcast host or measurement company offers this service. It doesn’t mean that this individual podcast uses them, or has access to this functionality. We use open data.
This podcast uses a unique RSS domain. This podcast is the only one that we’re aware of which uses a domain of www.riskingfailure.com for its RSS feed. Domains are always visible to anyone who can see your internet traffic - your internet service provider, employer or even your government - even when you use HTTPS connections. If your podcast app uses the RSS feed directly, you can be tracked as a listener to this podcast every time your phone checks for a new episode.
Here’s more about insecure links and unique domains.
© Mark Dobson & Mick Dunn: Philosophers of Human Experience
Keep up to date with Podnews
Information for podcasters
- This podcast doesn’t have a trailer. Apple Podcasts has a specific episode type for a trailer, which also gets used by Spotify and many other podcast apps: but there isn’t one correctly marked in the RSS feed from Spotify for Podcasters.
- The main podcast description seems quite short. Since this is used by many podcast apps to help people find podcasts, we’d recommend making it a little longer, to sell your podcast to potential listeners. Here’s what different apps search.
- Podcast episode titles may include episode numbers, which is against Apple Podcasts guidelines and makes it harder to listen to your podcast on smart speakers. Here is what Apple wants to do, and why.
- This podcast appears to be missing from Apple Podcasts, Luminary, and iHeartRadio. We list all the podcast directories to be in.
- Link direct to an episode
- Validate this podcast’s RSS feed with Livewire or CastFeedValidator
Get a universal link
https://podnews.net/podcast/ia2lt/listen is a so-called universal link: it will automatically open Google Podcasts on Android phones, Apple Podcasts on iOS devices, or this page. Both Apple Podcasts and the Google Podcasts player are pre-installed on every phone.
A QR code to this URL is a great way to share your podcast. You’ll find a QR code at the top of this page on desktop. It’s particularly ideal for business cards, posters or conventions.
But - you are always better to fully control your own podcast and not rely on any third-party - even us. So, here’s the code to add a universal link to your own website. Copy/paste this HTML into a new file on your website, and link to that instead.
Don’t code? Here are more universal link providers you can use.
Privacy: The player will download audio directly from Spotify for Podcasters if you listen. That shares data (like your IP address or details of your device) with them.
Cache: This podcast page made Mar 19 at 10:01:24 UTC. It’s scheduled for update on Apr 18. Rebuild this page now