Ancestral Findings - Genealogy Podcast
Genealogy is the most wonderful of pastimes. I love it, and you should, too. There are endless reasons why. Genealogy is one of the fastest growing hobbies in the western world, as more and more people discover the exhilarating and slightly addictive nature of ancestor hunting. It’s like an ongoing mystery with clues you have to discover and then put together to come to conclusions about your family’s past. The mystery never ends, because there is no end to the amount of time you can potentially go back in history with your family research. Yet, the more you can discover, the more complete picture of your family you can put together. It’s insanely rewarding, and the more you do it, the more you will want to do it. That’s a given. Visit AncestralFindings.com for genealogy tips and weekly giveaways.
This podcast may use dynamic content insertion and uses a unique domain
Stats: Statistics are produced by Libsyn and Podcorn to help Ancestral Findings - Genealogy Podcast to understand how many downloads it is getting, or how many people are listening. Your device’s IP address and user agent is used to help calculate this figure. Libsyn is IAB v2 certified.
Dynamic content insertion: Libsyn may use limited data that they know about you - the device you’re using, the approximate location you’re in, or other data that can be derived from this, like the current weather forecast for your area - to change parts of the audio. Ancestral Findings - Genealogy Podcast may do this for advertising or for other forms of content, like news stories.
Ancestral Findings - Genealogy Podcast is able to use the above tools since its podcast host or measurement company offers this service. It doesn’t mean that this individual podcast uses them, or has access to this functionality. We use open data.
This podcast uses a unique RSS domain. This podcast is the only one that we’re aware of which uses a domain of ancestralfindings.libsyn.com for its RSS feed. Domains are always visible to anyone who can see your internet traffic - your internet service provider, employer or even your government - even when you use HTTPS connections. If your podcast app uses the RSS feed directly, you can be tracked as a listener to this podcast every time your phone checks for a new episode.
Here’s more about insecure links and unique domains.
Keep up to date with Podnews
Information for podcasters
- This podcast doesn’t have a trailer. Apple Podcasts has a specific episode type for a trailer, which also gets used by Spotify and many other podcast apps: but there isn’t one correctly marked in the RSS feed from Libsyn.
- Podcast episode titles seem to include episode numbers, which is against Apple Podcasts guidelines and makes it harder to listen to your podcast on smart speakers. Here is what Apple wants to do, and why.
- This podcast appears to be missing from Spotify and iVoox. We list all the podcast directories to be in.
- Get Apple, Google and Spotify badges to link to this podcast, get a magic link for social media, or a QR code.
- Link direct to an episode
- Validate this podcast’s RSS feed at CastFeedValidator
- Learn more about our podcast pages
Privacy: In common with all podcast players, pressing "play" on the inbuilt player above will download the audio directly from the podcast host. That will share some data (like your IP address or details of your device) with them.
Affiliate links: This page links to Apple Podcasts. We may receive a commission for purchases made via those links.
Cache: This page was produced on June 24 at 04:10:21 UTC. Refresh this page