Ad sales and monetisation
Owned by: Tiny Capital
- Aug 10: An integration between Patreon and Spotify has been announced, allowing all creators to offer patron-only content to Spotify listeners. "You can connect your Spotify and Patreon accounts to access patron-exclusive podcasts right where you’re already listening to your favorite audio content," the company says; Supporting Cast and Supercast are also supported in the Spotify app.
- Apr 19, 2022: First look: TED Audio Collective has signed with Supercast to offer paid subscriptions for TED Talks Daily. TED members will be able to enjoy a premium ad-free version of TED Talks Daily, plus all of the existing perks they get with TED membership, like exclusive programming, social events, and more. Supercast works in Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, and many other apps.
- Mar 18, 2022: Spotify has updated its list of partners for Spotify Open Access, a method to make subscription content available on Spotify. It's now supported by subscription platforms Supporting Cast, Supercast, Memberful, Hello Audio, Audiomeans, and Vriend van de Show.
- Jan 28, 2022: Spotify says: "As shared in the announcement, we're activating those partners on a rolling basis – to mention just a few that have already been announced as live since July, we have rolled out Supercast, Slate Plus, Pushkin Industries and Mamamia. We have no new specifics to share right now, but expect to hear more from us in the near future!"
- Oct 7, 2021: First look: Supercast has opened their integration with Spotify Open Access, which enables publishers to offer gated content within Spotify's app. It's the first subscription platform to offer the Spotify Open Access integration to all its users.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter