Sony Music Entertainment
- Jan 29: Podcast production company Broccoli Productions is to close this week. The company, which lists six members of staff on its website, says its partnership with Sony Music Entertainment ended early - the joint venture was announced in October 2019. Sony made a number of redundancies at the end of last year; and closed an earlier JV with Three Uncanny Four in Jan 2022.
- Jan 2: Cover Up: Body Brokers is new today from Sony Music Entertainment and Campside Media. It's an investigative podcast detailing how a small-town funeral homeowner and her elderly mother forged their way into the shadowy world of body dealing - giving families fake ashes, while selling the bodies themselves. The whole season is available now on The Binge.
- Dec 1, 2023: New from Sony Music Entertainment today, Smoke Screen: My Fugitive Dad explores the complex story behind Ted Conrad, an infamous bank robber who disappeared without a trace. He was never caught and only decades later did he reveal the truth to his daughter weeks from dying.
- Nov 1, 2023: Witnessed: Fade to Black is the podcast's fifth season, focusing on the bizarre story of screenwriter Gary Devore, whose mysterious disappearance in 1997 has become the source of many conspiracy theories, including that the CIA may have played a role in whatever happened to him. It's from Campside Media, Sony Music Entertainment and Stoaway Entertainment; and is available in full in The Binge.
- Oct 20, 2023: The IAB UK Podcast Upfront took place yesterday. Sony Music Entertainment previewed their slate of shows.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter