Ad sales and monetisation · Production studios
Address: 50 Goulburn St, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Southern Cross Media Group Limited, doing business as Southern Cross Austereo, is an Australian media company which operates broadcast radio and television stations. It is the largest radio broadcaster in Australia, operating 86 radio stations, and has a reach into every state and territory. Wikipedia
- Oct 18: In Australia, the owner of iHeartPodcast Network Australia ARN Media has made a hostile bid to take over its competitor, SCA (which owns LiSTNR). The radio market is worth AUD $1.7bn (US $1.1bn): ARN and SCA are the two largest companies. If successful, the broadcast radio business would be split into two companies for regulatory reasons; however, the podcast businesses aren't subject to the same ownership regulation.
- Jun 26: Oliver Newton has been hired by SCA as Executive Head - LiSTNR Commercial. He joins from Amazon, where he was AdTech Sales Director.
- May 15: Seb Rennie, who was hired by SCA in February as Executive Head, LiSTNR Commercial, is to be the company's new Chief Commercial Officer.
- May 1: SCA, the owner of the LiSTNR app in Australia, has announced a new CEO: John Kelly, the company's current COO. The current CEO, Grant Blackley, will step down on Jun 30.
- Feb 21: The owner of LiSTNR, SCA also released its annual report. It claims 3.4mn monthly podcast listeners, and 889,000 registered users on LiSTNR. Digital revenue was AU$20.7mn (US $14mn), up 35% y/y: 5.2% of total audio revenue (the group also owns television licences).
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia