Discover the best podcasts for you.
Owned by: Audacy
- May 18: Audacy, which owns Cadence13, Pineapple Street Studios, Podcorn and Moonbeam, is to be delisted from the stock market for having an "abnormally low" share price. The company plans to appeal. $200 invested in Audacy this time last year would be worth just over $10 today.
- Feb 20: Now that Apple Podcasts is implementing the code to stop using "AppleCoreMedia" as its useragent in some circumstances, here are the other apps that need fixing, according to John Spurlock: Podbean, Castro, Fountain, Podcast Republic, Moonbeam, Playapod, Pods, Bullhorn, Luminary, Listen App, and Audible. That means all those apps appear smaller thank they should be in podcast analytics.
- Aug 17, 2021: Podcast discovery and listening app Moonbeam now offers ratings and reviews powered by Podchaser. It's the latest company to use Podchaser's data.
- Aug 6, 2021: Moonbeam 'wants to be TikTok for podcasts', according to an article in The Hustle. A curated clips podcast, it's from entrepreneur Paul English.
- Jun 25, 2021: Moonbeam is a new app aimed at "solving the biggest problem facing the industry: finding new podcasts". Built with a combination of machine-learning and human creators, it includes the ability for podcasters to create shareable clips, and was founded by Paul English, who built Kayak and Lola.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter