Owned by: Spotify
- Sep 8: Edison Research released the shows with a highest concentration of listeners in households earning $100,000+. Gimlet and The Wall Street Journal's The Journal is #1.
- Jul 11: Where Should We Begin? with Esther Perel returns today with Vox Media, as the show turns to 'always-on'. The show joined Vox Media earlier in the year, after being a Spotify exclusive with Gimlet since 2019. It's being produced by Magnificent Noise.
- Jun 20: On our story on Meghan Markle's Archetypes, which was produced by Archewell and Gimlet: Andy Scott, a former Gimlet staffer, tweets: "We did occasionally have producers do interviews, though never the main ones, and we never edited her asking questions into interviews that producers conducted."
- Jun 6: Spotify is to cut 200 jobs from its podcasting division. The company says that's 2% of Spotify's global workforce; but these are substantial cuts to the podcast division. While Spotify couldn't tell us how many staff work in podcasting overall, various reports suggest Gimlet has around 125 employees, Parcast has about 40, and The Ringer about 120.
- Apr 18: Spotify is stopping platform exclusivity for some of its Gimlet shows, according to a report. "We are expanding our windowing strategies to increase the audiences and ad sales potential of our shows," a spokesperson told Semafor.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter