Data and analysis
Address: 50 Division St suite 305, Somerville, NJ 08876, USA
Edison Research produce a number of gold-standard research studies for the podcasting industry, including the Infinite Dial and Edison Podcast Metrics.
- Sep 15: Edison Research will release the Latino Podcast Listener Report 2023 on Oct 5
- Sep 8: Edison Research released the shows with a highest concentration of listeners in households earning $100,000+. Gimlet and The Wall Street Journal's The Journal is #1.
- Sep 1: Nielsen released a new Podcasting Today report, with data from Edison Research and Nielsen Scarborough Podcast Buying Power. The total US podcast audience has grown 68% in the last five years, with the number of Hispanic listeners almost doubling. Comedy is the most popular genre.
- Aug 25: For the first time ever, Americans are listening to more on-demand audio (like podcasts and music services) than live, linear audio (like radio), according to data from Edison Research released this week. Larry Rosin, the company's President, says that though there will always be a place for linear radio, the trend will continue into the future.
- Aug 23: Gabriel Soto from Edison Research unveiled a demographic breakdown of weekly podcast listeners, above. "Boomers" are less familiar with podcasting and listen far less; but 91% have a smartphone - representing a significant opportunity for growing podcasts overall. An overview will be in the company's Weekly Insights newsletter in a few weeks.
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter