Address: 780 Johnson Ferry Rd NE suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30342, USA
Cumulus Media, Inc. is a broadcasting company of the United States and is the third largest owner and operator of AM and FM radio stations in the United States behind Audacy and iHeartMedia. As of June 2019, Cumulus lists ownership of 428 stations in 87 media markets. It also owns and operates Westwood One. Its headquarters are located in Atlanta, Georgia. Its subsidiaries include Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, Cumulus Licensing LLC and Broadcast Software International Inc. Wikipedia
- Sep 12: Lemonada Media signed with award-winning podcast Everything Happens with Kate Bowler for ad sales and distribution. Meanwhile, Cumulus Media expanded their partnership with Rich Eisen's podcast network.
- Aug 29: Podcasting represents 11.4 minutes of every hour listening to "ad-supported audio". Cumulus Media and Westwood One has written up its analysis of Edison Research's Share of Ear Q2/23.
- Jun 6: YouTube is now the "most utilized podcast listening platform" in the U.S.: 29% say it is the platform they use the most, followed by Spotify (17%) and Apple (16%) - according to Cumulus Media and Signal Hill Insights, who have released the Spring 2023 Podcast Download Report.
- May 2: Data: Cumulus Media shares 7 New Findings About The Podcast Audience, from the Share of Ear study conducted by Edison Research.
- Apr 28: SiriusXM released its Q1/23 financials. Podcast revenue was up by 34% (though overall revenue declined by 2%). Cumulus Media also released their Q1/23 financials. Digital revenue (including podcast ads) was up by 23% (though total revenue slumped 12%).
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia