Podcast fans' purchase power, and kids get Alexa skills
May 3, 2018
With Nielsen, podcast network Cadence13 released a slew of data around podcast listener purchasing power today; including where podcast listeners over-index. (Snacks!)
Spotify (the second-largest source of podcast listening) posted their first quarterly earnings data as a public company. 170m users, 75m paid subscribers. Revenue €1.14bn (US$1.36bn). It's still losing money.
Effortless video marketing with Audiogram — convert your podcasts into engaging video for Facebook, Instagram,Twitter, LinkedIn and more. Let our automated AI-powered captioning do the heavy lifting and watch your audience grow.
Blubrry's Todd Cochrane has a view on the adoption of podcast pingback and RAD. He says he spoke with someone at Apple, and 'when posed the question on a scale of 1-10 would Apple participate in RAD I was asked why zero was not an option'.
"The Daily has more listeners than the weekday newspaper has ever had." - New York Times evp and COO Meredith Kopit Levien. It averages one million downloads a day.
- Inside Trader Joe's, a US grocery store chain, including "the values that make Trader Joe’s so different."
- Opie Radio, a return for former SiriusXM radio presenter Gregg 'Opie' Hughes, on the Westwood One Podcast Network.
- Asian Development Bank has produced a new series on the future of work in Asia (made by Earshot Strategies).
- Democracy in Color launches season three next Monday, produced by Lantigua Williams & Co.
- NPR's Embedded is also back for a new season. Here's what's coming soon.
People: Amanda McCartney (ex Slate/Panoply) joins the New York Times advertising sales team as Director of Audio and Podcasts; SoundCloud has hired Nancy Hood (ex PayPal) as their "Senior Vice President, Listener" (leading the SoundCloud consumer product).
<< Infinite Dial Australia released