Chaux: 'most consumption will be 3 minute episodes'
· 1.9 minutes to read
How long is your podcast? Jaime Chaux, Head of Digital at Commercial Radio Australia, suggests in an interview that most podcast consumption in the future will be to three minute long episodes.
In his newsletter, coffee-lover Tom Webster writes about audiobooks, what a podcast is, and what a third thing is. He also promotes Sounds Profitable tomorrow.
Cumulus Media, which owns the Cumulus Podcast Network, has settled one of its loans, and paid down another.
Thank you to Lantigua Williams & Co, which is our newest gold supporter. We’re proud to support its newsletter, Podcasting Seriously (here’s the latest edition); and their award-winning podcasts continue to erase the margins and tell important stories. Thank you! There are ways to support us here
The Tech Stuff - with RSS․com
- PodcastAddict now supports the alternateEnclosure tag. Settings:Network will let you set whether you want to choose a low-bitrate version or the best audio quality instead. It works for Podnews’s feed.
- PodcastAddict has also integrated privacy information for podcasts. It’s using the podcast-privacy service, which uses the same open data that we do.
- Tesla cars use either Spotify or TuneIn for their podcast directory. (We’ve added that information to our big list of podcast aggregators.)
- Podclock Test 1 is an episode that will read out the useragent your podcast app is using, and your IP address. The episode notes will do the same for whatever downloaded/parsed the RSS. Useful for testing that you’ve got everything right there.
- This week’s replacement for RSS is Pubcast. It uses ActivityPub, and “gives the features of a centralized platform like Spotify but with the independence of RSS”.
- On Satoshis Stream, one of the ways of enabling cryptocurrency-funded podcasts, there are now 250 value4value-enabled podcasts.
Happy holidays for those that are enjoying their summer break, or the winter school holidays. Stick with it for our friends across Australia who are under various lockdown restrictions.