BuzzFeed cuts their podcasting team and closes the majority of their podcasts
September 20, 2018
BuzzFeed has cut their podcasting team to focus on video, the Wall Street Journal reports. "As a result of the changes, most of BuzzFeed’s podcasts would be shutting down." The cuts only affect a handful of BuzzFeed employees. Last week, Panoply shut its content division; earlier, Audible did similar.
"The Mooch", is making his way into podcasting. Deidre and Anthony Scaramucci are producing a podcast, "Mooch and the Mrs", which will be exclusively available on Entercom's radio·com platform.
The Latin Podcast Awards have announced their nominations for this year's awards.
Alitu.com Automates Your Editing & Production — Alitu is a web tool that can automate your editing! It polishes your audio, adds music, combines clips, adds transitions & offers super-easy editing & trim tools. Save hours & beat the tech stress!
Curiosity Daily: your Flash Briefing's hidden gem — Get smarter in just a few minutes with a unique Flash Briefing for Alexa users. Curiosity.com presents a daily morning-show-style podcast covering science, psychology, life hacks and more. No politics!
Pacific Content's Steve Pratt discusses ways to make podcasts shareable on social media. Spoiler: don't share the podcasts, he suggests.
Australian TV news channel Sky News Australia has signed a deal with Acast and NOVA Entertainment for ad representation.
Digiday highlights why podcast companies are getting more into scripted shows. "It’s worth remembering that scripted shows may attracts the headlines and the Hollywood producers, but non-scripted still accounts for most of the podcasting universe."
Richmond VA, USA has a new podcasting studio. Red Amp was founded, in part, because comedian John Cleese wanted somewhere to record.
Don't hold your breath for the Netflix of Podcasts, argues Steven Goldstein.
iHeartRadio Australia is celebrating its fifth birthday. It claims Australia's largest podcast library. The brand is run by ARN in Australia (and similarly run by broadcast networks in Canada and New Zealand).
Corus Radio has snapped up Nighttime, a popular Canadian mystery podcast. The show is now on Corus's CuriousCast platform, and will also be aired on the company's Global News Radio stations later in the year; it claims it's the first show to make it from podcast to broadcast.
- SBS Radio Australia have launched a Spanish language podcast: called Caras Del Amor, it's a "podcast series about love, family and relationships, exploring intimate and compelling stories from Spanish speakers living in Australia".
- BBC Radio 4 launch The Ratline, an investigation into Otto von Wächter, an Austrian Nazi.
- A new podcast about Bram Stoker, called FANGS, is launching on October 1st. It's produced with the Bram Stoker Festival; and one guest is the creator of Count von Count from Sesame Street. One! Ha ha ha! Two! Ha ha ha!
- Coming Out Stories "lets one person tell their own story in their own words and share their experience of coming out. Sometimes heartbreaking, often hilarious, always emotional." (What Goes On Media / Libsyn)
- Footballer Peter Crouch is to host a new podcast for BBC Radio 5 Live.
- Jobs are free at Podnews. Just send us details to email@example.com
- Pocket Casts are looking for a Support and Community Manager, to be based either in Adelaide SA, Australia or New York NY, New York.
<< Apple helps with podcast marketing; Anchor adds smart background music