British Podcast Awards announces nominees
Almost half of UK podcast listeners only started listening in the past year, according to research from Acast and Nielsen. A third say they’ll listen more in the next six months: outpacing streaming music and video, according to an email from the company.
Podcastle has added video to its remote recording tool. You can now record up to 4K video as well as lossless WAV audio, and the tool records in multitrack as well. Screensharing and mixed video comes soon; it’s part of the company’s suite of tools for podcasters.
Podbean has announced a livestreamed event focused on Stories of Pride. The free event is on June 28, and will offer perspectives and insight from LGBTQIA+ podcasters.
She Podcasts is presenting a free conversation with 5 podcasters about their creative work, lived experiences, and how race and sexuality inform their podcasting work and creations. Unapologetic: Being Black & Queer In Podcasting is this Thursday.
No more blinded retinas - if you use dark mode, and your email software supports it, our email should be in dark mode today. If something looks a bit strange and/or unreadable, please send a screenshot to email@example.com and let us know what mail software you’re using. Dark mode isn’t supported in all mail software, but we hope we haven’t stuffed it up.
Moves and hires - with The Creators, from Sounds Profitable
- Chris Boniello has been made VP of Production Services at The Podglomerate. He’ll oversee production and audio editing for The Podglomerate’s various clients and podcast series.
- Lewis Goodall is to join Global as a co-host for the company’s new podcast with Emily Maitlis and Jon Sopel. Like Maitlis and Sopel, Goodall also joins from the BBC; he was Policy Editor for BBC Newsnight, the daily news analysis programme.
- BA Parker has joined NPR’s Code Switch as a new host. Parker was most recently the co-host and lead producer of The Cut podcast from New York Magazine.
Tips and tricks - with RedCircle
Substack has written a guide to using podcasts on the platform.
Jaclyn Schiff from Podreacher covers the clever ways that NPR have been repurposing audio content, using a restaurant metaphor.
Podcode dives into how to use show notes properly - the things that accompany a podcast in your podcast app.
Podcast News - with Post Script Media
Number one for podcasts - Jun 21
- Apple Podcasts: US: The Seduction (NBC News) IE: GUBU (The Irish Times)
- Spotify: US: The Joe Rogan Experience (Joe Rogan) IE: The 2 Johnnies Podcast (The 2 Johnnies)
Latest Pod Jobs