Mark Kermode: The Soundtrack of My Life
Credits: Mark Kermode (Host) (edit)
Mark Kermode leads a tour through soundtracks from his favourite movies, including orchestral scores, electronic music, songs from musicals and sound effects from another world
This podcast may use tracking and attribution, dynamic content insertion and is insecure
Stats: Statistics are produced by BBC to help Mark Kermode: The Soundtrack of My Life to understand how many downloads it is getting, or how many people are listening. Your device’s IP address and user agent is used to help calculate this figure.
Tracking and attribution: BBC or its partners may connect the fact you listened to this podcast to an action elsewhere on the internet. For example - it may spot a device that downloaded an episode of Mark Kermode: The Soundtrack of My Life later visited the website of an advertiser; or it may track that a device that listened to Mark Kermode: The Soundtrack of My Life also listened to a different show. This form of attribution is used to measure advertising effectiveness.
Dynamic content insertion: BBC may use limited data that they know about you - the device you’re using, the approximate location you’re in, or other data that can be derived from this, like the current weather forecast for your area - to change parts of the audio. Mark Kermode: The Soundtrack of My Life may do this for advertising or for other forms of content, like news stories.
Mark Kermode: The Soundtrack of My Life is able to use the above tools since its podcast host or measurement company offers this service. It doesn’t mean that this individual podcast uses them, or has access to this functionality. We use open data.
This uses an insecure connection. This podcast uses an HTTP, not HTTPS, address for its audio files. These are not encrypted, and may allow people who can see your internet traffic - like your internet service provider, employer or even your government - to know that you listen to this podcast.
Here’s more about insecure links and unique domains.
Keep up to date with Podnews
Information for podcasters
- This podcast doesn’t have a trailer. Apple Podcasts has a specific episode type for a trailer, which also gets used by Spotify and many other podcast apps: but there isn’t one correctly marked in the RSS feed from BBC.
- The name of this podcast could be keyword-stuffed. It may get kicked from Apple Podcasts.
- This podcast appears to be missing from Amazon Music. We list all the podcast directories to be in.
- Get Apple, Google and Spotify badges to link to this podcast, get a magic link for social media, or a QR code.
- Link direct to an episode
- Validate this podcast’s RSS feed at CastFeedValidator
- Learn more about our podcast pages
Privacy: In common with all podcast players, pressing "play" on the inbuilt player above will download the audio directly from the podcast host. That will share some data (like your IP address or details of your device) with them.
Affiliate links: This page links to Apple Podcasts. We may receive a commission for purchases made via those links.
Cache: This page was produced on July 30 at 12:08:58 UTC. Refresh this page