Senior Producer, Rapid Response
Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Senior Producer position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at WaitWhat.
Salary range: $100,000 to $125,000 (yearly rate) - subject to experience plus benefits
WaitWhat is creating the most valuable independent portfolio of premium content IP that elevates human potential.
Downloaded more than 130 million times, WaitWhat’s media properties have defined new genres in the areas of business (Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman, Rapid Response with Bob Safian), wellness (Meditative Story) and creativity (Spark & Fire). In everything WaitWhat creates, it aims to share hard-won wisdom from the most iconic people of day, to newer voices, sparking curiosity and helping us live at the top of our potential
WaitWhat’s approach to content is unique in the industry, with a passion for inventing new business models and building inventive partnerships.
About Rapid Response
The pace of change in business and culture is unprecedented. So what is most important to pay attention to if you want to successfully innovate, create, and lead? Rapid Response is the essential guide to what matters in a business world changing faster than ever. Hosted by veteran business journalist Bob Safian (Fast Company, Time, Fortune), Rapid Response gives aspiring and active business leaders alike the knowledge, perspective, and mindset they need today to be successful. Anchored by candid conversations with leaders and entrepreneurs who are navigating real-time challenges, Rapid Response combines insight and strategic lessons to help us all act with near-term confidence and long-term impact. Rapid Response began as a special series within the Masters of Scale feed. We are preparing to spin off Rapid Response as its own podcast – in audio and video – increasing its frequency to 2-3 times per week, with the goal of evolving it into a daily podcast.
The Rapid Response Senior Producer is a creative, collaborative swiss army knife, ready-to-dive-in producer who is a key part of managing creative, content and production. The Senior Producer will take ownership and responsibility for Rapid Response; playing a vital role in guest booking, idea-generating and production, helping innovate on the format; and is a teammate of a creative cross-disciplinary team. This role is an ideal fit for someone who is passionate about business impact and business news, with curiosity about emerging and seasoned executives who are leading through global crises, industry disruption, cultural shifts and cutting-edge tech innovation. The Senior Producer will report to the EP of Masters of Scale, and will manage a small but mighty team dedicated to Rapid Response.
The Executive Producer will be responsible for championing the successful execution and growth of the Masters of Scale podcast and video platform including:
- Together with host, lead the show editorially, from episode topics, guest curation, and interview structure to themes, formats and specials
- Manage production workflow, release schedule, and show budget
- With support of production team, book, research, prep, record and edit interviews for audio
- Oversee video editor, giving editorial direction and feedback
- Collaborate with marketing team on preparing social media and promotional assets for the show
- Lead communication on booking and recording logistics with guests and their teams
- Contribute editorial feedback to help fine tune show segments; give notes to mix engineer
- Participate in creative ideation, brainstorming and supporting general WaitWhat workshops
- Onboard new Rapid Response team members
- Work alongside video, design, technology, events, audience engagement and all WaitWhat teams on content creation, production, management, and promotion
- Support the Executive Producer of Masters of Scale in sharing Rapid Response updates with the team; new content, data and goals, and budget
- Be service-oriented with internal and external partners
- Bring a constructive mindset to all aspects of your job. This includes: ‘No job too big or too small’, ‘all hands on deck’ and ‘we can find a way’ mentality
- 5+ years audio production experience in podcasting or radio
- Previous experience lead producing a show preferred; 1-2 years management experience a plus
- Pro-Tools editing experience required
- Fluency with Descript and a Descript-to-ProTools workflow
- A proactive, collaborative, and constructive problem solver
- A ferocious appetite to research and figure out tasks you may not be familiar with
- Experience organizing media assets, directory structures, and maximizing post-production workflows
- Time management skills to coordinate multiple projects
- A direct communicator who has the finesse and maturity to communicate effectively with both internal and external partners
- Someone who wants to both roll up sleeves and do the work while building a team capable of doing the same
- You are grounded, honest, and a team player who thrives on collaboration
- You have a sense of humor and delight in what you do
PLEASE SUBMIT BOTH A THOUGHTFUL COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
Benefits We are headquartered and have an office in NYC but the team is distributed around the country so unless you need to be in an office with your colleagues, we are open to hiring anywhere in the US. The salary range for this role is $100k-125k. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs. Candidates with expectations outside of this range or experience outside of the requirements listed are still encouraged to apply as there may be other positions that could be a fit.
We offer a benefits package that’s generous and competitive with larger companies. Benefits include unlimited vacation subject to manager approval, healthcare (PPO, vision and dental), short- and long-term disability, life insurance, and 401(k). We work startup hours, but we also rest and respect that people have full personal lives. We’re an equal opportunity organization, committed to equity and diversity of all kinds — on our team, among our investors, and as represented on our media properties.
Kindness and honesty are hallmarks of our culture and critical filters in our hiring process.
Please apply directly at https://wrkbl.ink/9oE67sI
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
What does a Senior Producer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Creative Direction says: “The Senior Producer is the second most senior producer of the production (second to the Executive Producer). They supervise producers and the general direciton and logistics of the entire production.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
Report this position