Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Audio Editor position at The Holy Post, Wheaton Illinois, USA
The Holy Post The Holy Post is a top Christian Podcast that has been producing thoughtful Christian podcasts for 10 years. We are committed to presenting a positive vision of life with God in a post Christian culture, and having fun while doing it.
Overview The sound and video editor will work closely with the production manager and Holy Post hosts, to produce high quality, thoughtful Christian content. This currently includes the production of weekly 90 minute Flagship episodes, plus an additional 5 shorter episodes per month. We intend to significantly increase our programming and the post production role will participate in the launching of new programming.
Responsibilities Audio|Video Post Production
- Post-Production & Publishing
- Content Edit - A content edit involves editing the interview to its final state, deleting any mistakes and/or unnecessary detours in the conversation.
- Mixing and Mastering - In this stage, we add intro and outro music to the final content edit as well as process vocals, adjust levels, and address any basic audio imperfections
- Episode Distribution: Publish episodes, making them available on YouTube and all major podcast platforms.
- Cut clips from existing content for social media use Short form video production and editing
- Create lightly edited and produced regular video content Utility Player
- As a part of a growing company an all hands on deck mentality exists within reason.
- Belief in the mission of creating thoughtful Christian content that is consistent with Holy Post values.
- Minimum 1-2 years of podcast editing/sound design experience.
- Attention to Detail.
- Work well in fast paced environments.
- Flexibility to work well in a changing environment as the company grows.
- The ability to work well with and maintain relationships with multiple parties including; CEO, production manager, hosts, and independent contractors.
- Problem solving skills.
- Able to multitask and manage multiple priorities.
Reporting Structure This position will report directly to the Production Manager, Mike Stralow.
Working Environment The producer will need to live and work in Chicagoland. There is an expectation of time spent at The Holy Post office and in team meetings, but some work done remotely is also acceptable.
While this role is set for normal work hours, it also requires flexibility and openness to weekend and after-hours work
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
What does a Audio Editor role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Audio Post-Production says: “The Audio Editor cuts and rearranges audio for clarity and storytelling purposes. The Audio Editor may also perform general audio processing and mastering.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
Report this position