Posted here: · Expires:
A part time Writer position at Project Brazen, London Southwark, UK
Salary: £13.15 (hourly rate)
Role description Project Brazen is seeking a journalism intern to join our team in spring/summer 2024. This role is in person at our office in London and connects you with professionals around the world.
- Assist with reporting and research for audio and documentary projects in development. This could include online reporting, taking on research commissions, and occasional in-person reporting tasks.
- Pitch, report, and write stories for Whale Hunting, our weekly newsletter.
- Attend planning and creative meetings for in-development projects with other members of the Brazen team and partners.
- Help market and distribute our work by collaborating with project managers to develop content and write copy for Brazen’s social media channels.
- Assist with distribution for ongoing productions, including managing YouTube uploads and formatting transcripts and subtitles.
- Be a part of the story generation process for future Brazen projects by suggesting ideas, conducting preliminary research, participating in our Story Surveillance system.
Required skills and qualifications
- A passion for audio journalism and podcasting.
- Two years of undergraduate study completed in an undergraduate- or graduate-level
- journalism course or other equivalent programme. Recent graduates may also apply.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills and demonstrated journalism experience.
- Experience working with social media and other content distribution platforms.
- Ability to regularly work in person from our office in central London.
Desired skills and qualifications
- Prior audio journalism or documentary production experience.
- Experience using open-source research for investigative journalism.
- Understanding of using audio and video equipment.
Benefits Working with Project Brazen offers a window into multidisciplinary, cutting-edge journalism. Unlike internships at more conventional newspapers or magazines, a Project Brazen internship will offer you a real taste of how big things get made, marketed, monetized, and distributed. This experience working in the world of media startups is a unique selling point and an advantage for anyone's career. As a Project Brazen intern, you’ll be asked to work on real projects and important work that keep the company moving forward. You’ll connect with journalists, producers, scriptwriters, hosts, and businesspeople. You’ll get one-to-one mentorship and guidance from an expert in your field.
Pay Pay is £13.15/hour.
Dates The duration of the internship will depend on the needs of the intern and Project Brazen. Upon completion, interns can discuss the possibility of extension with the Project Brazen team.
About Project Brazen Project Brazen is a global journalism studio that produces captivating stories across all forms of media. Founded by bestselling authors Bradley Hope and Tom Wright in 2021, Project Brazen is a hub for some of the world's top journalists and creators. With offices in London and Singapore, the studio has a slate of podcasts, documentaries, books, newsletters, and film and television projects. Recent successes include the critically acclaimed podcasts "Fat Leonard" (adapted for scripted TV by SK Global), "Corinna and the King," "The Sound: Mystery of Havana Syndrome,” and “Kabul Falling,” which was nominated for Peabody Award in 2023.
Please submit a one-page CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with London Journalism Intern in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include at least two ideas for stories, projects, events, or solutions you think could be interesting for Brazen to pursue.
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
What does a Writer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Writing says: “The Writer has written the story or dialogue of a podcast. The Writer is often involved in the creative arc of a production, but this is not a necessary requirement. Writers may work in fictional or non-fictional podcasts.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
Report this position