Social Media & Audience Development Producer
Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Social Media Manager position at POLITICO, Belgium
POLITICO is seeking an audience development producer (podcasts) to promote and scale our audio content.
Our podcasts drive political conversation in Brussels, in Westminster and beyond and have new launches afoot. Reporting to our Audience Development Editor and working closely with the audio team, you will help maximize that impact by growing our audience and increasing engagement with their content and reach.
The successful candidate will be knowledgeable about the audio content POLITICO produces and able to distil topics into digestible forms to promote our journalism. You should be comfortable with using data as a basis for informing audience-building strategies.
This is a full-time role within POLITICO’s growing newsroom, working closely with colleagues in London, Brussels and Berlin. We are open to candidates based in any of those locations.
What You’ll Do
- Produce material for our products and platforms (newsletters, articles, app, web display, social media) to raise awareness of POLITICO’s shows, increase downloads and build community
- Help build and implement an audience growth strategy for our podcasts
- Find creative ways to expand the reach of audio content
- Execute tactics to raise the profile of our podcast hosts
- Work with our audio team to manage relationships with platforms and other media
- Work with POLITICO’s communications and marketing team on a variety of tasks including leveraging content and on applications for awards
- Utilize data to help develop and support our podcasts, and to understand and build audience for our programs
What You’ll Need
- 2-3 years’ experience within a newsroom, podcast or product team
- Knowledgeable about podcasts and audience growth
- Confidence using data to track and refine audience-building strategies
- Strong communication skills (written and oral) in English
- Excellent social media production and reporting skills
- Familiarity with audio and image editing tools, such as Adobe Audition, Photoshop, Creatopy (or similar programs)
- A team player who can work across shows and manage projects simultaneously
- A keen interest and knowledge in politics in the UK and Europe
- A love of podcasts is a must. So is a deep understanding of social media
We Value Our People Our benefits package is built for you, and includes:
Hybrid work: Whether you love company and enjoy collaborating with colleagues in person or want some time alone at home to get some deep work done. Work from abroad days: Fancy a workday from atop a mountain resort, or want to work from your parent’s dining room table around the holidays? POLITICO offers the opportunity to work from abroad for a limited period each year. Health and Wellness: Across the different cities where we have offices, we offer various initiatives that contribute to your well-being. Transportation: Say goodbye to traffic jams and hello to smooth commutes. POLITICO partially covers public transportation costs. Personal and Professional Growth: From dedicated trainings to regular career chats, with our Grow@POLITICO program, we put your professional development and growth first.
About POLITICO POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
Equal Opportunity It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and motivation letter in English outlining why you’re right for this role.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Social Media & Audience Development Producer (Brussels). Please apply, however, via the online form.
Get more details
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
What does a Social Media Manager role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Community says: “The Social Media Manager runs the social media accounts of the podcast, including but not limited to the creation of content, posting, replies, monitoring, and more.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
Report this position