Podcast Content Director
Posted here: · Expires:
A full time position at Mamamia, Woolloomooloo NSW, Australia
Mamamia is Australia's largest digital media company and our core purpose is to make the world a better place for women and girls. We reach seven million women each month across written, video, and social platforms and we have the largest women's podcast network in the world with 55 different shows.
About the role
The Podcast Content Director is responsible for overseeing the strategic and operational aspects of the Mamamia Podcast Network. As the brand guardian, you will lead the expansion of our podcast offerings and ensure alignment with strategic content priorities.
Collaborating with the Editor in Chief, you will develop and execute strategies to achieve revenue, audience and subscription targets.
Key tasks / deliverables of the role:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive audio strategy that aligns with Mamamia's overall content strategy and goals, leading the Podcast team to ensure audience growth and expand the network's reach to new audiences.
- Utilise audience feedback and data analytics to make informed decisions on content direction and improvements for maximum listener engagement.
- Overall responsibility for the network architecture and performance of all shows
- Identify synergies and opportunities to integrate podcast content across platforms, such as articles, videos, and social, as well as subscriptions to create a cohesive and immersive audience experience.
- Collaborate with the Editor in Chief to Identify opportunities to integrate podcast content across platforms, such as articles, videos, and social, as well as subscriptions to create a cohesive and immersive audience experience
- Work closely with the commercial team to provide innovative content solutions to maximise revenue
- A minimum of 8 years in the digital audio/publishing space
- Proven track record in developing content strategies aligned with target audiences and organisational goals.
- Proven experience leading high-performing teams
- Proficiency in podcast distribution platforms and strategies for maximising audience reach.
- Deep understanding of audience needs and preferences, with the ability to anticipate what they need next
- A team player who takes ownership of responsibilities, communicates effectively and gives and receives feedback with honesty, respect, curiosity, and openness.
- Ability to prioritise the needs and perspectives of our audience and commercial partners in decision-making and problem-solving
- Demonstrated ability to adapt a measured approach, drive process improvement initiatives and solve problems creatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates a positive and proactive attitude towards work, possessing a PMA (Positive Mental Attitude)
Working at Mamamia
We're fast-paced and innovative, with a collaborative culture when it comes to industry-leading strategies and ideas.
We're small enough that you can create real and tangible change, and have your voice heard, and large enough that we can support your ideas with experienced, industry-leading teams, and deliver them to an audience of millions of women every month. We have a startup spirit within a scaled-up business structure.
The core purpose of Mamamia is to make the world a better place for women and girls, and we live this philosophy in the content we create and with the work we do with our charity partner, Room to Read. The independence and empowerment of women starts with universal literacy, and since 2017, Mamamia has supported Room to Read's Girls' Education Program, which breaks cycles of illiteracy in Asia and Africa where we have directly funded the education of tens of thousands of girls. While our core purpose informs every business and content decision we make, we execute on our purpose in a way that's engaging, entertaining and adds meaning and value to the lives of Australian women.
As well as being a meaningful and dynamic place to work, Mamamia offers:
- Learning & Development - tailored to each person's individual career goals
- A day off for your birthday
- Flexible working conditions
- Purchased annual leave scheme
- Paid parental leave
- Paid volunteer leave to get involved with our charity partners
Mamamia is an equal opportunity employer, all applicants will be considered regardless of your race, sexuality, religion, colour, gender identity, or parental status. We strongly encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. If you require any assistance, including a workplace adjustment to participate in the recruitment process please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
Report this position