Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Audio Engineer position at Global Situation Room Inc., Alexandria VA, USA
The Global Situation Room®, Inc is an elite, full-service public affairs agency that provides clients with sophisticated solutions for their most Complex Communications® challenges.
We are looking to hire a multi-platform Podcast Producer and Editor for three high-profile podcasts. First is a hit international public affairs podcast.. The program delves into the most important international news issues of the day. With more than a million downloads and reaching the top charts in over 90 countries, the show has featured influential global leaders including former UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson, former CIA Director General Michael Hayden, former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, along with CNN’s Clarissa Ward and more.
The second podcast is a domestic politics podcast hosted by Johanna Maska, former Director of Press Advance for President Obama’s White House and one of his early campaign staffers. The show explores crucial topics on the national stage, the 2024 presidential race, and how to navigate today’s polarized political environment.
The third podcast focuses on media, tech, and marketing. The podcast breaks news and brings insights into the most important stories of the week, while looking at media and marketing news and trends from a global perspective.
As Podcast Editor, you’ll be responsible for:
- Overseeing the quality and execution of the 3 weekly podcasts, including initial episode edits, show flow, and direction, in collaboration with the team
- Managing all aspects of podcast production, including: coordinating recording logistics, supervising podcast recordings; editing audio, video and script; overseeing final audio edit; publishing podcasts on a weekly basis; and working with team to produce podcast marketing materials (audio and video)
- Participating in editorial and pitch meetings
- Ensuring that all podcast ads are running smoothly and effectively
- Collaborating with the team quarterly to ensure the network's audience and revenue targets are being met
- Consistently pulling the best tape from segments and interviews to be distributed to the video, social and editorial teams
- Developing new strategies to engage the audience across audio, video, and social platforms
- Ensuring timely delivery of episodes and accompanying elements including, but not limited to, episode titles, descriptions, and website blurbs
- Analyzing key metrics for presentation to internal and external teams
- Delivering daily download reports and growth strategy analysis
You’re perfect for this job if you are:
- Organized, creative and have a keen ear for high-quality content Proficient with podcast publishing platforms and audio recording and editing software and techniques
- Bringing at least 3 years of experience working on, editing, and growing a podcast
- An avid news consumer with a strong interest in, and understanding of, global affairs, foreign policy and domestic politics Into working collaboratively on audio and video podcast production and presenting your ideas in a clear and concise manner
- A detail-oriented project manager who can juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced professional environment, working well under deadlines and with a level of independence
- Comfortable working across multiple time zones simultaneously
- Looking to grow with a team that believes in empowering people, growing talent, and equal opportunity
This position would be hybrid in-person at our Alexandria, VA office but candidates must be located in the D.C.-Maryland-Virginia area. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
What does a Audio Engineer role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Audio Production says: “The Audio Engineer helps record and produce audio by setting up recording environments, monitoring recoding, and providing technical adjustments throughout. The Audio Engineer is present during the recording process, most often making adjustments in real time. The Audio Engineer may work with conversation, music, foley, or any other type of audio.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
Report this position