Brazen London Studio Production Internship
Posted here: · Expires:
A part time position at Brazen Media, London Southwark, UK
Salary: £13.15 (hourly rate)
Role description Brazen is looking for an ambitious, tech-savvy production intern to join our global journalism studio in London for spring/summer 2024. This is an in-person internship based out of our London office, where you’ll work alongside our worldwide team.
- Recording interviews and supporting maintenance of the newly opened Brazen studio
- Editing audio and video, including cleaning tracks
- Being a supporting part of the Brazen team - contributing ideas and helping to develop existing content
- Supporting social media team with production and editing
Required skills and qualifications
- A passion for audio journalism and podcasting
- Close attention to detail and an ability to work to the highest quality standards
- Excellent organisational, research, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, but also to function well as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of audio and video hardware (portable audio equipment etc.)
- Sound editorial judgement and journalism experience
Desired skills and qualifications
- Prior audio journalism or documentary production experience
- Audio engineering experience in a live recording environment
- Audio editing experience, preferably in Adobe Audition
Benefits Working with Brazen offers a window into multidisciplinary, cutting-edge journalism. Unlike internships at more conventional newspapers or magazines, a Brazen internship will give you a real taste of how big things are made, marketed, monetized, and distributed. This experience working in the world of media startups is a unique selling point and an advantage for anyone's career. As a Brazen intern, you’ll be asked to work on real projects and important work that keeps the company moving forward. You’ll connect with journalists, producers, scriptwriters, hosts, and businesspeople. You’ll get one-to-one mentorship and guidance from an expert in your field.
Dates The duration of the internship will depend on the needs of the intern and Brazen. Upon completion, interns can discuss the possibility of an extension with the Brazen team.
About Brazen Brazen is a global journalism studio that produces captivating stories across all forms of media. Founded by bestselling authors Bradley Hope and Tom Wright in 2021, Brazen is a hub for some of the world's top journalists and creators. With offices in London and Singapore, the studio has a slate of podcasts, documentaries, books, newsletters, and film and television projects. Recent successes include the critically acclaimed podcasts "Fat Leonard" (adapted for scripted TV by SK Global), "Corinna and the King," "The Sound: Mystery of Havana Syndrome,” and “Kabul Falling,” which was nominated for Peabody Award in 2023.
Please submit a one-page CV and a one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with London Studio Production Intern in the subject line. In your cover letter, please tell us about your favourite podcasts and/or documentaries and why you love them
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
Report this position