Assistant Production Manager
Posted here: · Expires:
A full time Production Assistant position
Fully remote: working with a USA-based team at Airship.
Salary range: $45,000 to $55,000 (yearly rate) - subject to experience plus health, vision, dental, long term disability insurance; employer matched 401k
Assistant Production Manager
Airship is the podcast production company behind "American Scandal," "American History Tellers," "Business Movers," “History Daily” and more, led by host and producer Lindsay Graham (no, not that Lindsey Graham).
As our slate of podcasts grows, we're looking for an enthusiastic and workflow-obsessed Assistant Production Manager who’s as at home in a DAW as a spreadsheet, Slack channel or production calendar.
This position is critical to the successful production and publishing of all Airship podcasts. The Assistant Production Manager is key to keeping day to day operations running smoothly, while supporting and improving performance.
Duties include (but are not limited to) assisting with:
- Managing production calendars and prioritizing work to meet deadlines
- Coordinating content workflows
- Implementing and improving business processes
- Quality control
- Organizing project assets
- Setting and scheduling meetings, calls and interviews
- Facilitating and correcting transcriptions
- Production of advertisements, bonus, marketing and ancillary content
- Communication and coordination with clients and partners
- Working with Executive Producers to develop show ideas
- Miscellaneous company projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned
- Audio editing tasks will be frequent, including,
- Editing sponsorships, advertisements and promos
- Final episode assembly, preparation for publishing and delivery
- Editing pickups or corrections
- Rendering stems, alternate or corrected episode versions
Prior experience editing audio or video is required, though any new hire will be provided with and trained in the specific programs we use (Reaper, primarily).
We've eager to find candidates who love audio storytelling, who enjoy the work, are good at the work, and want to cultivate a mutually beneficial, long-term professional relationship.
$45,000-55,000 annual salary, depending on experience. Benefits include health, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance, two weeks paid vacation, paid personal/sick time, and an employer-matched 401k program.
Airship values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation, veteran status, or genetic information.
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for crossing items off to-do lists, an obsession with efficiency, and never have met a deadline they couldn’t conquer. Beyond the spreadsheets and calendars, they will have a passion for podcasts, love storytelling and be a creative, innovative thinker with proven intitative.
- Two or more years experience working in a deadline-driven field (journalism, publishing, advertising, radio, podcasts, television, film, theatre)
- Advanced knowledge of productivity software including spreadsheets, word processing and document formatting, business communication, social media and marketing tools, and others (e.g., Google Sheets, Google Docs, Slack, Monday.com, Zoom, Descript)
- Experience with non-linear media editing software (professional audio programs like Reaper, Pro Tools or Logic preferred)
- Familiarity with Airship podcasts
Airship is a growing company based in Dallas, TX with employees and key partners in Austin, Los Angeles, New York and the UK. The position can be fully remote, or hybrid in Dallas.
To keep employees healthy and avoid disruption in work, this position requires that the job candidate be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please mention podnews.net in your application.
What does a Production Assistant role normally entail?The Podcast Taxonomy definition for a role like this in Administration says: “The Production Assistant helps support an executive member of a podcast (often a director or producer), helping prepare them in a variety of ways including scheduling, logistics, communications, and more.”
This exact role may have different requirements.
Report this position