Ad sales and monetisation · Listening apps · Production studios
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including “Dr Death,” “The Shrink Next Door,” “Even the Rich” and “Business Wars,” and distributing hit shows like “SmartLess” and “My Favorite Murder”.
Owned by: Amazon
- Sep 12: Hooked on Freddie is new from Wondery and Blanchard House - the gripping and controversial real-life story of a dolphin called Freddie, who's visit to Amble, Northumberland, UK, turns the sleepy seaside town upside down. It's Wondery's sixth UK original podcast.
- Sep 11: Exposed: Cover-Up at Columbia University is a a new investigative podcast, reported and hosted by award-winning health reporter Laura Beil. Centering on the scandal around Dr. Robert Hadden, an OB-GYN at Columbia University who abused his patients for more than 20 years, the show shares the stories of numerous survivors and their decade-long battle to bring Hadden to justice and hold institutions accountable. It's produced by Wondery.
- Aug 29: “I know some podcasts we could play,” said the cat. “I know some good shows,” said the Cat in the Hat. Wondery is to make podcasts with Dr Seuss, with The Cat in the Hat Cast launching first on Sep 18, exclusively on Wondery+.
- Aug 18: Starglow Media, a kids and family audio company, launched in Los Angeles. Some shows on their slate join from Glassbox Media (#412) and Wondery (#864).
- Aug 14: In the UK, the Audio Production Awards has announced a Pay What You Can scheme. The scheme is sponsored by Amazon Music and Wondery.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter