Signal Hill Insights
Data and analysis
Address: 22 Marowyne Dr, North York, ON M2J 2A4, Canada
Together, we’re re-defining audio research
- Nov 9: Ad revenue from branding campaigns has doubled in just two years, according to analysis from Signal Hill Insights of the IAB's US data.
- Aug 31: Further reading: Jeff Vidler from Signal Hill Insights calls for digital audio to be positioned next to other digital advertising offerings, to ensure that audio is on a robust revenue growth track … and the Washington Post report on people who listen to podcasts 24-hours a day (but oddly neglect to interview Arielle Nissenblatt, who must have pioneered that, surely?)
- Jul 27: Almost four out of five people would skip a radio ad in a podcast, with two-thirds saying it was "annoying". The research from Signal Hill Insights and Pacific Content warns us that "creative and content must be designed for the experience", and that podcast creative can't be an afterthought.
- Jul 13: Podcast ad creative has never been more important, says Paul Riismandel from Signal Hill Insights, quoting a survey the company worked on. "My hypothesis is that great podcast ads work because they keep a listener’s attention. This stands in opposition to radio or streaming, where part of an ad’s job is to attract, or even demand a listener’s attention," he surmises.
- Jun 21: Westwood One and Signal Hill Insights have released data suggesting that the fourth largest podcast platform is Facebook. The surprising data comes from surveying 608 weekly podcast consumers, and asking them "Which of the following places do you use the most to access the podcasts you listen to?". Facebook doesn't have a podcast player: the researchers suggest that it's where they see promotion for podcasts, rather than actually listen to them.
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter