Podcast Movement (PM) is an annual conference for the podcast industry. It is one of the largest gatherings of participants in podcasting, with over 3,000 attendees in 2019. Described as "for podcasters, by podcasters", it focuses on collaboration and networking among attendees, in addition to education and encouragement. Wikipedia
- Feb 16: Now Hear This Entertainment is ten years old this weekend, and has published more than 500 episodes. A new episode of the show has been delivered on-time, every week, without missing once in ten years, says host Bruce Wawrzyniak. He's speaking at Evolutions by Podcast Movement next month.
- Feb 15: It’s only the middle of the month, but we’ve already beaten last year’s number of respondents for the Podnews Report Card. However, if you’ve not taken part yet, please give us your views on the large podcast platforms: they are read by each of them to help understand how they’re doing. Hear the results at Evolutions by Podcast Movement this March.
- Feb 9: The Infinite Dial 2024 (for the US) will be unveiled at Evolutions by Podcast Movement in Los Angeles on Mar 28. The gold-standard study from Edison Research is America’s longest-running survey of digital media consumer behaviour. This year, it’s with support from Audacy, Cumulus Media, and SiriusXM Media.
- Jan 29: Podcast Movement has announced Podfronts, its inaugural podcast upfront-style event at Evolutions on March 26. The event brings together podcasting’s top publishers with brands, agencies and buyers.
- Jan 25: Song Exploder is celebrating its tenth anniversary. PRX says that the show will have a number of live appearances, including at Evolutions by Podcast Movement in March and with the Toronto Symphony Orchestra in April. We can also expect a new version of the first ever show.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia