Owned by: Maple Media
- Nov 7, 2022: Breaker co-founder Leah Culver, who's recently been working on Twitter Spaces, is still at Twitter; though she's offering to help people hiring. Kimberly Le, the product designer of Twitter Spaces is, however, out. Or perhaps she might not be: Twitter is apparently asking people it laid off to please come back.
- Oct 31, 2022: Twitter employee Leah Culver, the co-founder of the Breaker podcast app, has pictured herself holding the source code of part of Twitter Spaces, following an apparent order by Twitter's new owner Elon Musk to print out all the code for a code review with Musk himself. There are rumours that blue-ticked users will be forced to pay $20 per month to keep the verification tag.
- Feb 22, 2022: Maple Media's PlayerFM and Breaker suffered server issues. Meanwhile on Spotify, Joe Rogan's podcast has mysteriously disappeared twice; we suspect it's just a glitch.
- Feb 1, 2022: Link to the Breaker podcast app on your website? Check they still work. The app was acquired by Maple Media a year ago; as of today, no Breaker links to podcasts work on the service, and the Breaker website forwards to Player FM. The app's still listed in the app stores, though; it now appears to be a blue-skinned version of the Player FM app.
- Feb 15, 2021: Here's a good post about how Breaker skips silences in their iOS app.
See all news stories
Data credits: Podnews newsletter