Address: 60 29th St, San Francisco, CA 94110, USA
Automattic Inc. is an American global distributed company which was founded in August 2005 and is most notable for WordPress.com, as well as its contributions to WordPress. The company's name is a play on founder Matt Mullenweg's first name and automatic. Wikipedia
- Apr 29, 2022: Want more people to know about your podcast? Pocket Casts sends out a regular newsletter to podcast creators, highlighting how to get featured in the popular podcast app. Here's the latest edition, and here's where to sign up for it. The company was bought by Automattic last year, and say they are "working on a rather large update at the moment".
- Jul 19, 2021: Podcast app (and website) Pocket Casts has been bought by Automattic, the owners of Wordpress and Tumblr. No terms were given; co-founders Russell Ivanovic and Philip Simpson, based in Adelaide SA, Australia, will continue to lead Pocket Casts as part of Automattic; WordPress says "we will explore building deep integrations with WordPress.com and Pocket Casts", which might mean they have aspirations as a podcast hosting company. (They understand RSS after all).
- Jul 5, 2021: Podcast host Castos has raised $756,000 in funding from investors including Automattic, the owners of Wordpress.
- May 16, 2019: Distributed is a new podcast from Matt Mullenweg, the cofounder of Wordpress and CEO of Automattic. About the future of work, the podcast explores ideas of going beyond the traditional office environment.
- Aug 22, 2018: Wordpress are the latest investor in RadioPublic, through Wordpress's parent company, Automattic.
See all news stories
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia