Directory > Companies > Acast
Hosting platforms · Ad sales and monetisation
Address: 🇸🇪 Kungsgatan 28, 111 35 Stockholm, Sweden
Acast is a Swedish-founded company that provides hosting, monetization and growth support for podcasts, and podcast advertising solutions for brands and media agencies. Launching in 2014, it developed a dynamic insertion technology which can target advertising within podcasts based on location, time, and personal data. The company champions an independent and open ecosystem for podcasting, where podcasts hosted with Acast are available on all podcast listening apps. Acast was founded by Karl Rosander and Måns Ulvestam in 2014; together with Johan Billgren as co-founder. Wikipedia
- May 25: Most podcast advertisers see more than double their return on investment on podcast advertising, according to new research unveiled this morning by Acast. Two-thirds of podcast advertisers say they see between $2-$6 back for every dollar spent; 20% say they see more than $6 back, the most of any tested medium.
- May 24: BBC Sounds has announced a set of new shows, and that the BBC is to work with Spotify's Megaphone to "recommend relevant content to audiences on other podcast platforms in the UK". The deal means that Spotify's Megaphone will programmatically schedule trailers, for UK listeners, on BBC shows carried on third-party platforms. The BBC has confirmed to Podnews that this does not affect the BBC's deal with Acast for monetising their shows outside the UK.
- May 23: Goalhanger Podcasts is to switch to Spotify's Megaphone and the Spotify Audience Network. The company is currently with Acast, and produces some of the largest shows in the UK including The Rest Is Politics. The companies will jointly announce their new relationship at The Podcast Show in London tomorrow.
- May 18: Making their first big move into the Middle East and North African market, Acast has partnered with two major Arabic language networks, Sowt and Kerning Cultures Network.
- May 17: Ahead of The Podcast Show in London next week, The Guardian, The FT, The Economist, News UK and Tortoise have joined Acast's launch of Publishers in Podcasting, a consortium "dedicated to advancing the podcasting industry, promoting trusted audio journalism and encouraging healthy debate." The announcement also talks about developing standards.
Data credits: Google Maps, Podnews newsletter, Wikipedia