The world's first reality podcast show: The Brights
October 15, 2018 · Updated October 22, 2018
The Brights launches today - claimed to be the world's first reality show podcast, following Lydia Bright, a UK television star (The Only Way Is Essex), and her family. The podcast is scheduled to be launched with a guest appearance on Good Morning Britain, a UK breakfast TV show. (Sound Directions / Insanity Group / Acast)
BitPlatter has published some insight into podcast mentions of auto brands, based on speech recognition of over 1.2m podcasts published recently. Surprisingly, Tesla is not #1.
Podcast.co giveaway! — Podcast.co is giving away over $2000 worth of BRAND NEW podcasting equipment. Containing everything you need to upgrade your setup, from mixers to mics! Sign up today
Make Waves — Veteran podcast creator and consultant Eric Nuzum can help you amplify your podcast efforts while avoiding common pitfalls and mistakes along the way. Podcast Audits. Editorial Lift. Strategy.
Coverage of the RAIN Canada Summit's Podcasting panel is in FYI Music News. Speakers included Rob Greenlee from Voxnest.
|Grumpy Old Geeks is celebrating five years online by shifting from a weekly podcast to having two episodes every week. It's hosted by Jason DeFillippo and Brian Schulmeister. (Libsyn)|
- Richard Davies enlightens us on The f-word podcasters think about the most - it's "friction", of course:
It’s not as easy, convenient or simple as it should be to discover podcasts, or find shows that fit your range of interests. Confusion and complexity are holding us back.
- David Hooper offers 4 Rules For Podcast Guests:
I don’t have rules to be hard on guests, I have them to keep guests informed about the process of working with me, so they know what to expect when they do.
- Amanda McLoughlin discusses The One Shot Rule - best practice when you really want your audience to do something:
If you name three different things listeners should be doing in your show intro, the person cooking dinner while they listen will be left with a vague sense of needing to do something related to supporting the show. But if you use your One Shot Rule to ask everyone to check out the photos of your new studio on your Patreon page, that same listener will be much more likely to navigate there after finishing the dishes — and, hopefully, pledge their support.
- The Bubble Isn't Bursting, says Ad Results Media's Kurt Kaufer:
We know audio has been home for some of the greatest storytelling of our time and believe great stories, authentic conversations, and in the end, unbeatable content is why the powerhouse that is audio, simply isn’t going anywhere.
- Google and Spotify now favour self-hosted podcasters, claims Allan Tépper.
This ... underlines even further the importance of controlling your own RSS feed, based exclusively on your own domain, whether you self-host ... or use and control your own RSS based exclusively upon your own domain on the very few media hosts which allow it
- On the road again, with a favorite podcast in my ears - a writer from Lancaster PA, USA, writes about her favourite podcasts for road trips. (Of interest: podcasts have supplanted audiobooks for her).
- 7 Pittsburgh podcasts you don’t want to miss (Next Pittsburgh)
<< Google Podcasts to be simplified, and will help podcasters earn money