Successful podcast music, Tom Webster on Apple's analytics, and most successful podcast formats
June 20, 2017
The secrets of successful podcast music. "How they use music to enhance — but not manipulate — a listening experience." WNYC has in-house composers, apparently.
One of the brightest brains in podcasting, Tom Webster, writes about the partially-filled glass of Apple's new podcast statistics. If you want more, here's a great speech from last year's Next Radio conference.
The seven most common podcast formats - it won't surprise you to learn that a one-on-one interview is #1.
A good piece on how to appear as a great guest on a podcast - including advice to listen to the podcast you're going on. Good thoughts.
New podcast and radio program from the Australian ABC: Talkfest.
The Australian Infinite Dial data is out - and you're invited to a free webinar, next Tuesday at 11.00am Sydney time. RSVP here.
While we're in an Aussie vibe, from The Guardian, here's a list of "Australian podcasts we should all be listening to". There are three.
Radiodays Europe's Podcast Day was last week, and here's a full writeup of every session.
- Eric Diehn, CEO of Midroll and Stitcher
- Making boring things not boring - Helen Zaltzman
- Facts out Loud: Adventures of a Journalist in Podcasting
- What we know about podcast audiences
- Podcast drama for the young audience - How a dusty old genre came to life
- Turning your broadcast into on-demand success
- The Guardian's future of podcasting
- Fighting for ears: remaining independent in a world of corporate podcasts
- Someone Knows Something
- Cop or Crook?
- Radio and podcasts, reaching new audiences - Podcasts are total freedom, it’s an exciting time for BBC World Service
- Trends in podcasting
- Podcast data, beyond downloads
- How to monetise your podcast - Podcast listeners are young 75% 18-44, affluent, really engaged, and 77% support podcast advertising
- Podcast is dead, long live podcast - you need to care about metrics, editing, native, adverts, apps and marketing
- Winner of the British Podcast Awards: Fathers and sons
- Building digital communities - YouTube's power to grow and monetise podcasts
- What I recommend... the best podcasts of the moment
<< A science podcast for kids, video prerolls, and a podcast gets man out of jail