New logo for Stitcher; new daily podcast for The Guardian
September 12, 2018
Stitcher has a new logo. "A bit more modern, a bit bolder. Representative of the continuing evolution of podcasting, yet still harkening back to our roots." Podcasters are asked to update their listen badges: visit the partner portal and then hit "promote this show". Stitcher is also now the parent brand of Midroll and Earwolf.
The Guardian is to launch a daily flagship podcast by the end of the year. The host has been announced as Anushka Asthana, who is currently the newspaper's joint political editor; Leo Hornack is EP. Bose is due to be the launch sponsor, and Acast will represent the podcast.
Podcrypt is a proposed new app for sharing money with podcasters based on how long you listen. It will use cryptocurrency and a progressive web app. There's a Telegram group to join if you think it's a good idea.
Optimize Your Show with a Podcast Audit — Make sure your podcast sounds great and reaches your target audience with a Podcast Audit from The Podcast Consultant. Learn more at AuditMyPodcast.com. Use code "podnews" to save $50.
Branded RSS in the era of platform expulsion — Does your podcast RSS feed use your own domain, or someone else’s? Allan Tépper explains the advantages of having your own branded RSS feed, whether you self-host or not.
How does the YouTube algorithm work? It's based on how long users stay watching a video, it seems.
Digiday discusses podcast measurement and attribution. Dan Granger, from media agency Oxford Road: "Attribution has been a challenge for more than a century and will likely be a challenge a century from now. It never goes away."
NPR will be placing fundraising support messages within its podcasts in 2019 as an experiment.
Event: RAIN Summit Canada, the latest expansion for this well thought-of set of events. Wednesday Oct 10, Toronto ON, Canada.
- In The Word from Mouth - what would happen if we were more strategic and precise, and more purposefully designed and aimed podcast content?
- Podcast Producer, Intercom, San Francisco CA, USA
- Administrative Assistant, Blubrry, Columbus OH, USA
- Jobs are free at Podnews - drop us a mail
- On general release, after an exclusive period within Stitcher, is Wolverine: The Long Night, which launches today. (Midroll/ART19)
- Hello to new subscriber The Honor Project, who have created Warriors in their own words to capture stories of US war veterans. (Libsyn)
- A new episode of Addicted features actor Heath Ledger's father, Kim, talking about addictions to prescription medicines. The podcast is nominated for a number of awards. (NOVA Entertainment / Acast)
- Latest episodes of The Bosscast features Springsteen fans and comics Casey James Salengo (Jimmy Kimmel Live, Comedy Central) and Jess Lane (Adult Swim and The Special without Brett Davis) (Libsyn)
- Media watchers may enjoy recently retired, longtime CBS News Radio vice president Harvey Nagler: this week's guest on The Michael Harrison Interview (Podcast One)
- How to grow your podcast organically (Blue Light Media)
- Metadata: If your latest podcast episode was a book how thick would its spine be (Dan Misener)
- 10 Essential Podcasts For Maximizing The Grind (Hot New Hip Hop)
<< When life gives you Parkinson's